Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post reporting and (on thread) Moderator reaction

• 18-11-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

I think it's low standards of a moderator to give out about posts being reported, the wording used (in this case) is belittling to the post reporter.

boards.ie > Rec > Animals & Pet Issues > Animal Welfare
    > Lithuanian Dog thrown from Bridge

Thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055743290

Post reporting is a valid part of boards.ie. Let boards users use what facilities they have at their disposal. In the same way that a boards user (hopefully) abides by a framework of guidelines, so does a moderator, post reporting, by members, is part of the moderating package they have to take on.

I didn't report the posts. I don't have issues with Hellrazer, but I felt the need to say something about this.

Granted, the member seems to have reported the post 3 times, but that could have been due to a strong emotional reaction to the post, or just a slip of a mouse button. I can't tell from this side of the fence.

Why belittle someone, or mention it on thread at all? I am just puzzled by the reaction, that's all.
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    To the person who reported these 3 posts^^^

Couple of things.

1.Have you nothing better to do?
    2.Theres no need to report a thread 3 times.

Are you now the forum police?

Leave the moderating up to the mods please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Your first port of call should be to PM the Mod Hellrazer for clarification.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Amalgam,
    The reason I put that post on the thread was because the user in question has lets say a bee in their bonnet about a thread I edited a few weeks back regarding more suggested violence towards people who treat animals cruelty .

While we all feel that these people should be punished,advocating violence towards them is against not just the animals and pets forums rules but against boards.ie`s rules.

Ive already explained this to the user in question via pm`s but because they have a problem with the mods in the forum theyve decided to become the forum police and not taken anything Ive said on board.I think the user in question has already received a warning and infraction for back seat modding on the forum.
    The user in question is also taking everything a little bit too seriously--one of the reports was because star-pants said that she hopes these people get "bad karma"<<<
    Thats a bit much now dont you think??
    This user also hit the report button on every post in the thread--thats not a slip of the mouse button.

Ive was in touch with this user yesterday and explained that one reported post in a thread is enough to bring it to our attention.

As for my reasons--
    1.Ive already had this conversation with the user via pm`s and it didnt get me anywhere.
    2.So I put the post in the thread yesterday because I wasnt getting anywhere with pm`s
    3.After yesterdays pm`s with the user in question Ive been assured that it wont happen again.
    Amalgam wrote: »
    I think it's low standards of a moderator to give out about posts being reported, the wording used (in this case) is belittling to the post reporter.

boards.ie > Rec > Animals & Pet Issues > Animal Welfare
    > Lithuanian Dog thrown from Bridge

Thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055743290

Post reporting is a valid part of boards.ie. Let boards users use what facilities they have at their disposal. In the same way that a boards user (hopefully) abides by a framework of guidelines, so does a moderator, post reporting, by members, is part of the moderating package they have to take on.

I didn't report the posts. I don't have issues with Hellrazer, but I felt the need to say something about this.

Granted, the member seems to have reported the post 3 times, but that could have been due to a strong emotional reaction to the post, or just a slip of a mouse button. I can't tell from this side of the fence.

Why belittle someone, or mention it on thread at all? I am just puzzled by the reaction, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Cheers Asiaprod, Hellrazer has sent me a very nice PM, I've replied. Can the thread be locked now please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Another happy customer:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement