Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deals on prescription glasses

• 18-11-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Lost my glasses, have to replace

Intend getting a sight test and buying online, from somewhere in the eu so I dont get hit for duty

Any suggestions re online or any good deals in brick and mortar optician

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

http://www.goggles4u.co.uk/

I've ordered a pair of normal glasses and a pair of sunglasses for myself, and two pairs of reading glasses and a pair of long distance for others. No complaints about quality whatsoever. I think they averaged out at about €17 per pair delivered, but you can go for fancier options like high index lenses and different lens materials for extra if you like.

They take about 3 weeks from order to delivery. I think they come from India, but I've never been hit with duty. Then, each of my packages were under €22(?) in value. Shipping is free so you may as well order them all separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Advertisement