Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting discussion rounds 1 and 2

Options
  • 18-11-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Up for possible elimination are:

from round 1:
    Last house on the Left
    Alien

From round 2:
    Scream 2
    Cannibal Holocaust

These are based on the amount of discussion each caused in their respective threads :-)

Also secretly testing the effectiveness of the multiple choice polls.... if results can be kept hidden then maybe we can attach a similar poll to each of the next discussion threads

Uuuaarrghh, dont start threads while watching footy......... forgot to add descent as an option

Still, looks promising on the multiple choice voting path

/Bad MudSkipper!!!

Should they stay or should they go? 47 votes

Stay: Alien
    0% 0 votes
    Go: Alien
    21% 10 votes
    Stay: Last house on the left
    8% 4 votes
    Go: Last house on the left
    21% 10 votes
    Stay: Scream 2
    4% 2 votes
    Go: Scream 2
    2% 1 vote
    Stay: Cannibal Holocaust
    25% 12 votes
    Go: Cannibal Holocaust
    17% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

This looks promising....... it means we can all vote on each of the movies, and if we do a retro-vote on the past 20 we can probably even put them in some order of popularity

Note: to keep results relatively accurate, please don't vote on the stay/go of a movie if you haven't actually seen it ;) and if you vote stay and go on a movie, well then the internet is yours :p!

If this works, I'll happily take on the starting of the new discussion threads and do a tally of votes, yes/no percentage, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Nice work MudSkipper, I'd suggest two things though. First off, the other thread would seem to show that The Descent is being voted to stay and also, fancy putting a time limit on this poll so we can move on to other discussions?

this poll should probably be closed by the mods as it is incomplete with the descent missing. As an experiment to see how the multiple choice poll works its been perfect :D

With only two voters so far, Alien is staying, Scream 2 is going and the other two are tied...... these results are only visible to me as thread starter, the mods and admins...... I can;t see who has voted, let alone what they voted for. Might entice a few lurkers to cast their vote too :)

This may be a bit off the wall, but I'd like to propose that we start 10 new threads (all started by same poster) at once.

Let me explain:

Thread 1 and 2 are voting only polls, listing stay/go options for the 20 movies we've discussed so far.

Thread 3-10 for the remaining 80 are discussion threads, but with the stay/go options for each set of 10 movies being discussed.

The reason I'd suggest starting them all at once is that the polls then can all have the same closing date and all 100 films will have had the same period for voting.

All results will be hidden (until closing date) from everyone bar the mods/admins and thread starter, so there surely will be some shock removals at the end of the voting period..... which should spark even more discussion.

Combined with polls for replacement I'd say we can definitely create the definitive horror boards 100 horror movies.

What do my fellow vampire, zombie and werewolf brethren think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Putting polls on the discussion threads themselves would be the logical way to go alright. As for this thread itself, I say use it to settle Round 2, The Descent is leading the way in the other thread so I'd assume it stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Good idea on the voting. Keeps it sientific and not about who SHOUTS THE LOUDEST....

• Advertisement

As I cant edit it, can one of the mods put an end date on this poll? Maybe midnight wed 25th, the poll will have ran for a week then :-)

Aa an alternative to starting all discussion threads at once, we can just start next discussion thread (including poll), say next monday and give the poll for all 10 movies a deadline of 2 weeks? Then when we start thread no 4, its poll also gets 2 weeks, wipe hands, rinse, repeat :p

Or do we just start the discussion threads as we have and start polls like this whenever they're needed?

/sweet zombie jeebus, if this turns into a poll about polling i'm gonna start watching the xfuktar with the ghoulish jetwart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

All these threads are confusing me :p

THere Poll closed and results can now been seen and discussed.

BTW sorry mud skipper on the whole wrong poll thingy I dont think to many noticed.

thanks spooky, no worry about the other poll. 2 weeks is probably too long for a poll anyway as we only get about 15-16 votes :p

Result of this one is that Scream 2 is out, everything else is staying :)

Just thinking if you are eliminating films when we are finished with say a list of 90 films. Do we then do another vote for 10 good horror films not in the list to make up the rest?

Just we need 100 here.

When its all said and done im gona print off that list mark off what ive seen and making a point of getting the rest I havent seen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement