Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza Motorsport 3

• 18-11-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Whats better Forza motorsport or granturismo

Whats better Forza Motorsport3 or Gran Turismo 9 votes

Forza Motorsport 3
    0% 0 votes
    Granturismo
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

pointless because GT5: prologue is a glorified demo and GT5 isn't out till march.

forza 2 is better than 3 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

forza 2 is better than 3 though.

I don't see how you can think that. It mightn't be a huge step forward but its definately better

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I don't see how you can think that.

purely for the online options. they did away with custom ranked lobbies in favour of matchmaking. the problem with that is you have to race against morons who only want to smash into you. they also removed in lobby tuning and have said it wont be brought back. its still full of glitches and bugs and wont have anywhere close to the lifespan forza 2 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 corneliust

Forza 3 is much better as a game.its graphics and cars are much better.but as brian plank said "purely for the online options. they did away with custom ranked lobbies in favour of matchmaking. the problem with that is you have to race against morons who only want to smash into you. they also removed in lobby tuning and have said it wont be brought back. its still full of glitches and bugs and wont have anywhere close to the lifespan forza 2 did".i dont no im not on xbox live

corneliust wrote: »
    Forza 3 is much better as a game.its graphics and cars are much better.but as brian plank said "purely for the online options. they did away with custom ranked lobbies in favour of matchmaking. the problem with that is you have to race against morons who only want to smash into you. they also removed in lobby tuning and have said it wont be brought back. its still full of glitches and bugs and wont have anywhere close to the lifespan forza 2 did".i dont no im not on xbox live

for offline it is a bit better alright but compared to 2 overall its a big step backwards. im not so sure about the graphics though. most of the interiors dont even work, the shadows look terrible and disapear sometimes.

i played 2 online a lot but i just cant be bothered to play 3. the PI system is messed up now too. one of the R1 cars can be downgraded as far as R3 it means all those porsches, ferraris and V8 supercars are pointless because they cant compete.

and then theres the 4WD cars dominating every leaderboard and the audi/vw dominance of the lower classes. 4WD dodge viper? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well i play it and enjoy it for its realism and physics along with decent AI all of which are firsts for a console i might add.
    Forza 2 simply doesnt compete with F3 in this department.

I dont play console racers for their multiplayer features, ill stick to iracing or rfactor,GTR etc in a structured league for that, no idiots rear ending you or ramming you.
    A had a couple of online races in both F2 and F3 and it was just terrible and full of idiots with no knowledge of racecraft.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

play online in a party of mates, thats what I do and it works great.

check out my Nurenburgring A-Class times xbox live tag: DeVoreIE

if you can do better, post a better time... :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill check it out when i get off MW2 :)
    I hope you have all aids turned off by the way :)

managng a full certified lap is impressive enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Are we talking about Gran Turismo on the PS1 here yeah?

• Advertisement
Advertisement