Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordered - what you think?

Options
  • 18-11-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All,

Just want your opinions on this spec - already ordered from harwareversand - all in stock - just waiting on the authorisation from BOI to do a transfer. Speaking of which does anyone have experience of doing these transfers to hardwareversand? How do they know when you have transferred the money and also how do they know its for this order?

No.: HV20O1I6DE 6GB Triple-Kit OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Platinum Low-Voltage
    No.: HV1130USDE ASUS P6T SE, Sockel 1366, ATX, DDR3
    No.: HV203FB6DE Coolermaster HAF Mini 922M ohne Netzteil
    No.: HVR570CTDE Corsair TX750W 750 Watt
    No.: HV20IB92DE Intel Core i7-920 Box 8192Kb, LGA1366
    No.: HV1030MUDE MSI R4890 Cyclone, 1024MB, PCI-Express
    No.: HVZPCDE Rechner - Zusammenbau
    No.: HV1310F3DE Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ)
    No.: HV207AS3DE Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7243S, SATA, schwarz, bulk
    No.: HV20CUIBDE Ultron Cardreader 75-in-1, intern, schwarz

Its a gaming rig as well as the usual movies, internet, microsoft office, maybe some video editing. Also this will last hopefully a good few years.
    Going to pick up new monitor soon - any recommendations?
    Any info on the transfer appreciated - just a bit confused.
    Also any views on the above spec appreciated

Cheers lads.

COME ON IRELAND - 1-0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

did you add a cpu cooler on that too? cant read some of that german lol

Id have gotten a 5770 or 5850 instead of the 4890, 5770 would give similar performance and is DX11, 5850 is more expensive but far faster and again DX11.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Looks like a list of stuff.

Stupid jokes aside, looks ok.
    You can get similar performance for less from a P55 board, but you've got to be sure it's the right socket at the moment or you'll end up with a big RMA bill and a fried socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crouchimus

5850 overkill at the moment for myself and DX11 while I like it I don't think it will be fully utilised for a good while so I'll wait til after the new year and see how the prices are and it's hard to get hold of em anyway.
    5770 just aint worth it in my opinion. Prefer to wait til prices go down and buy a 5870 in a half year or so. Resolution won't be high for next month r so anyway.

looking at scythe fans, will probably add after I get the thing and overclock the 920 since they do it so well :)

This hardwareversand transfer thing is confusin me, I don't want to just transfer money to a german account with no link to an invoice or no contact from them??? Anyone have any experience with them??

edit: heard about the foxconn sockets, didn't want to risk it and budget stretched for the i7 so no prob. They do look sweet for the price though - great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

You can get similar performance for less from a P55 board, but you've got to be sure it's the right socket at the moment or you'll end up with a big RMA bill and a fried socket.

:mad: No, you wont. Unless you are intending to use LN2 or DIce, then yes, you will (just like with EVERY OTHER CPU)

all P55 mobos( lynfield ) are socket 1156. If he got a P55 mobo he'd need a lynfield cpu - 750/860/870 ( Core i5 & i7 ), i7 920 is a socket 1366 which is fine for the Asus P5T/Gigabyte UD5 etc. which are X58 mobos

X58 mobos & 920's are better( if you can afford them ) for gaming for the fact that theyre x16 PCIE as opposed to the P55's only being x8 PCIE which.
    crouchimus wrote: »
    5850 overkill at the moment for myself and DX11 while I like it I don't think it will be fully utilised for a good while so I'll wait til after the new year and see how the prices are and it's hard to get hold of em anyway.
    5770 just aint worth it in my opinion. Prefer to wait til prices go down and buy a 5870 in a half year or so. Resolution won't be high for next month r so anyway.

looking at scythe fans, will probably add after I get the thing and overclock the 920 since they do it so well :)

This hardwareversand transfer thing is confusin me, I don't want to just transfer money to a german account with no link to an invoice or no contact from them??? Anyone have any experience with them??

edit: heard about the foxconn sockets, didn't want to risk it and budget stretched for the i7 so no prob. They do look sweet for the price though - great value.
    Nah 5850 is great to have, great overclocker, ive mine at 1020 on core and 1200 on mem lol. Besides Dirt 2 is out in 2 weeks and ATI's 5 series get a copy included.

Megahalem is the absolute best on air cooler for the i7s, also the TRUE or Noctuas are very good. Ive a Noctua on my i7 which is running @4.05Ghz, i cant run it higher as it gets too hot.

Also MAKE SURE YOU GET A D0 920 STEPPING - much much better overclocker than the C0

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    X58 mobos & 920's are better( if you can afford them ) for gaming for the fact that theyre x16 PCIE as opposed to the P55's only being x8 PCIE which.

Sorry, but this is complete total rubbish. P55 has x16 PCIe. The only "limit" is that Multi GPU configs can only be run at 8x/8x. However, there is about a 1% difference in performance between 8x/8x and 16/16 if you use a modern GPU.

Furthermore, i7's Hyperthreading messes games up, a LOT. To game, you have to disable it, and waste money on a feature you are never gonna use.

That is why real gamers get a P55 board with a i5.

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    Sorry, but this is complete total rubbish. P55 has x16 PCIe. The only "limit" is that Multi GPU configs can only be run at 8x/8x. However, there is about a 1% difference in performance between 8x/8x and 16/16 if you use a modern GPU.

Furthermore, i7's Hyperthreading messes games up, a LOT. To game, you have to disable it, and waste money on a feature you are never gonna use.

That is why real gamers get a P55 board with a i5.
    yeah sorry i should have clarified, its only x8 with a dual setup.

Thats rubbish on the 1% difference, its been proven several times that theres a 5-15% hit running 2 top end cards in corssfire/sli on x8 PCIE, this will get worse as the throughput requirements increase for newer cards

No, hyperthreading doesnt mess up games a lot, they dont run as fast with HT on, the impact is extremely minimal. HT is good for media encoding or any cpu intensive task.

lmao@real gamers getting P55
    Reasons to go Bloomfield:
    1) High-end multi-GPU performance (or other uses of high bandwidth PCIe)
    2) Stock Voltage Overclocking
    3) Future support for 6-core Gulftown CPUs
    source - http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3641&p=9

lmimmfn wrote: »
    yeah sorry i should have clarified, its only x8 with a dual setup.

Thats rubbish on the 1% difference, its been proven several times that theres a 5-15% hit running 2 top end cards in corssfire/sli on x8 PCIE, this will get worse as the throughput requirements increase for newer cards

perfrel_1920.gif
    perfrel_1680.gif
    At other resolutions it's a 2% Difference. My Bad!

O RLY? At 4x/4x there is a hit. At 8x/8x, there isn't.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_5870_PCI-Express_Scaling/25.html

perfrel_1920.gif

O RLY? At 4x/4x there is a hit. At 8x/8x, there isn't.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_5870_PCI-Express_Scaling/25.html
    thats 1 card, its based on bandwidth, 2% at a higher res, add crossfire or SLI and it increases further, in a years time with higher bandwidth gfx cards the difference will be increased again.

LOL.

In a years time the 1136 Platform will be obsolite and Intel will have released 7 new sockets.

• Advertisement

LOL.

In a years time the 1136 Platform will be obsolite and Intel will have released 7 new sockets.
    ok here, even with a 285 the x58 with 920 is faster, even a Core 2 Q9550 with 4870's crossfired is faster than an P55 lol :
    Crysis%202560%20NoAA.png
    Source - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i5-gaming,2403-9.html
    intel arent releasing any new non server sockets next year

Next year socket 1366 owners get to enjoy a nice new 6 core though :)

Advertisement