Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hex String

Options
  • 18-11-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what this means?
    E5 F3 E5 32 
    01 A9 41 02 
    06 50 0A 00 
    17 4F 00 00
    04 00 00 0A 
    13 69 7E D3 
    10 19 30 00 
    0B 89 F4 00
    13 69 7E D3
    10 19 30 00
    0B 89 F4 00 
    7F 1E 6C 81

Its taken from a memory chip with 4 bytes per page, so that is 12 pages out of 16 there. Its fine in binary and makes sense, but converting to plain text its just jibberish. Would / Can it be encrypted?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

It's proof that God exists!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously though, that could mean absolutely anything. Where did you get it from/why do you want to know what it means?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Well, I was hoping to translate it to plain text (ascii) but I have a feeling it just has symbolic meaning in binary. Its from a RFID tag I'm working on as a project.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 emmerdale

Its fine in binary and makes sense, but converting to plain text its just jibberish
    How can it make sense to you in binary but not in hex? They're just different ways of representing the same thing, hex being more human-friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

ironclaw wrote: »
    Well, I was hoping to translate it to plain text (ascii) but I have a feeling it just has symbolic meaning in binary. Its from a RFID tag I'm working on as a project.

RFID tags wouldn't usually store text, most of them have very little data capacity. They generally just transmit a numeric code of some kind when they're activated, which is used by the backend/reader to look up whatever data the tag relates to - products, places, people, etc. Bit like a barcode really, though with more/bigger numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

RFID tags wouldn't usually store text, most of them have very little data capacity. They generally just transmit a numeric code of some kind when they're activated, which is used by the backend/reader to look up whatever data the tag relates to - products, places, people, etc. Bit like a barcode really, though with more/bigger numbers.

Thats what I was trying to say! Thats ok, I presumed as much but one string in another card came up in plain text which must have been a fluke so I thought I was translating wrong.

Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement