Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help with choosing an irish college

Options
  • 18-11-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I am pretty bad at irish but i am doing higheR for the L.C. I am in 5th year and i really need help in picking an irish college. I am looking more for an irish college that focuses on the irish more than the fun! that being said i don't want to be destroyed by the level of irish they teach!

I had heard of Bru na Pairce but is that just for people who are amazing at irish or can people who are only ok go?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Hey OP,
    www.spleodar.com,
    that site will sort everything out for you!!!
    I've gone to three independent courses and they were grand,fun and we learned abit of irish.
    But spleodar camps are unreal fun and you will learn loads of irish!!
    I've gone to 4 and they really are unreal good,
    Any questions and just PM me,
    -John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

www.arainnmhor.com/colaiste

The site needs a proper update, but it gives you the gist of the course. Can't recommend it enough! PM me if you've any questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cwcGerdyB

hey thanks guys! Iwould jst like to add it doesnt have to be an irish college it could just be an irish language course! i really just wanna get an A in irish... but i am averaging a C/B at the moment... basically anywhere as long as it improves your irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If you want an A, go to Bru Na Pairce, wont be fun, but if you do the work, you will get an A. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

The best way to improve your Irish really is to go to a gaeltacht and be immersed in it. Spleodar is BRILLIANT.

I was a C student before I went there, couldn't speak a word either. They're very strict on Irish but it's such good craic too. I went for 3 or 4 years as a student and a cinnire, it's a great great place.

Came out well able to speak the language and they do classes on poetry and stair na gaeilge for Leaving Cert students too which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Bru na Pairce basically do the whole leaving cert course with you in 2 weeks. It's not fun but if you study the notes they give you, you are practically guaranteed to do well.

You have to have gotten a C or higher in honours junior cert irish though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Whats Colaiste Sheosamh like?Is there a decent shop there(like super value at lurgan)?Are they strict on meeting people?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

paddy978 wrote: »
    Whats Colaiste Sheosamh like?Is there a decent shop there(like super value at lurgan)?Are they strict on meeting people?

Priorities? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

does anyone no how to get in touch to apply for a course in brú na pairce ??

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

fonpokno wrote: »
    The best way to improve your Irish really is to go to a gaeltacht and be immersed in it. Spleodar is BRILLIANT.

I was a C student before I went there, couldn't speak a word either. They're very strict on Irish but it's such good craic too. I went for 3 or 4 years as a student and a cinnire, it's a great great place.

Came out well able to speak the language and they do classes on poetry and stair na gaeilge for Leaving Cert students too which is great.

Agreed! Also it's hardcore in terms of Irish but not as strict as, say, Colaiste na bhFiann. I hadn't a word of Irish before I went and now I love it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement