Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone out there??

Options
  • 18-11-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

:confused: Would anyone know of a person called Gerard whose Mum's name is Marie.
    She was originally from Crumlin and had an Aunt who live in Ballymun in 1957.
    Does the date 19/04/1957 mean anything to anyone???
    Time is ticking away and I could really do with some help to find my brother.
    I am waiting in hope....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi Mary-

Have you considered looking for your sibling yourself?
    The traceguides are here

With kind regards,

Shane McCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Little Mary

Hi,
    Thanks so much for the help and assistance.Hopefully I will have some luck in 2010.
    Little Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Can you tell us anything more Mary, have you tried anything else to find your brother?

Hi there,
    Thank you for your message. The only other information I have is that I was born in the Rotunda on 19/4/57.My mother had an aunt living in Ballymun and she had 2/3 children when she got married. Her eldest son is called Gerard.
    The adoption agency did manage to contact her but she would not meet me.
    I dont even know if she is still alive but I do know that I have half brothers and sister out there somewhere and would love to meet them.
    Her first name is Marie and she was a book keeper.She was from Crumlin.
    Hopefully someone will see this and recognise something in the information.
    :D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi there,
    Thank you for your message. The only other information I have is that I was born in the Rotunda on 19/4/57.My mother had an aunt living in Ballymun and she had 2/3 children when she got married. Her eldest son is called Gerard.
    The adoption agency did manage to contact her but she would not meet me.
    I dont even know if she is still alive but I do know that I have half brothers and sister out there somewhere and would love to meet them.
    Her first name is Marie and she was a book keeper.She was from Crumlin.
    Hopefully someone will see this and recognise something in the information.
    :D:D

You actually have an incredible amount of information there!
    Your first step is to get your own original birth certificate (as per the trace guides I linked to above).
    Once you have your own birth cert- it will have your birthmum's name on it- which will make finding the birth certificates for your half brothers and sister a very easy task.
    Once you have their birth certificates, you have their names and dates of birth- which you can then use to unlock other data- such as the electoral registers- to get current addresses for them........

Every small piece of information is a stepping stone towards the next piece.

Best wishes,

Shane

• Advertisement

Hi Shane,
    I can not thank you enough-I did not even know that I was entitled to get my full birthcert-you are a angel.
    I am going to start a serious search in January and maybe 2010 will be my contact year!!!!!
    My youngest son will be 21 on 22nd December, so as you can imagine I am trying to concentrate on organising a party for him as well as all the other bits and pieces that have to be done for Christmas.

Once again Shane, thank you so much for your help and for caring enough to give of your time in helping me.

Kindest wishes,
    Ger

Advertisement