Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Fight Promoters Read This Please!

Options
  • 18-11-2009 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just a quick note on STF (Strabane Fight Team). I have been asked by a few fighters from diff clubs in the strabane area recently Who are looking for mma fights,they where saying some fight promoters where emailing them and saying to ask there coach to contact them to see if they could compete. Alot off promoters think STF is one club, a local ju jitsu club. But SFT is not run by this coach who I here is doing a great job. STF has been from the start and always will be a collection off all clubs in the area, Boxing, Karate, Ultimate Ju Jitsu, Kickboxing, Judo, etc.
    Thanks guys. This might make things easier for promoters, if not, No harm done. Lol. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Just a quick note on STF (Strabane Fight Team). I have been asked by a few fighters from diff clubs in the strabane area recently Who are looking for mma fights

You must well known in the martial arts circle in the Strabane area, I'm just wondering if you have made contact with Connor to inform him of these fighters,and if thats not the route you want to go just a suggestion why dont you sign this thread with your real name so that all the promoters that you are trying to look after will have another point of contact in the Strabane area

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Just a quick note on STF (Strabane Fight Team). I have been asked by a few fighters from diff clubs in the strabane area recently Who are looking for mma fights,they where saying some fight promoters where emailing them and saying to ask there coach to contact them to see if they could compete. Alot off promoters think STF is one club, a local ju jitsu club. But SFT is not run by this coach who I here is doing a great job. STF has been from the start and always will be a collection off all clubs in the area, Boxing, Karate, Ultimate Ju Jitsu, Kickboxing, Judo, etc.
    Thanks guys. This might make things easier for promoters, if not, No harm done. Lol. :D

If strabanne fight team is not 1 team why is it called strabanne fight team?

Either way, wheter they do judo, boxing etc.. there releveant coach shoud be dealt with when match making so there is no mismatching or false information handed, its unproffesional to deal with the fighter directly, thats what coaches are for..

Leave the fighting to the fighter.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 McManus

Strabane has 2 clubs open at the moment, Strabane Fight Team (SFT) and Lisnafin MMA,

Ciaran Boyle fought outta Lisnafin MMA at the show in Warrenpoint and won!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EMC_SFT

Strabane fight team is one team....we train both stand up and groundwork at the club, some fighters like myself like to train at other individual martial arts like boxing,judo etc but we are one MMA team, our team is run by connor cassidy and john curry...however our promoter is conor cassidy and anyone looking for fighters from sft should contact him directly....both of these men have invested alot of time and effort into SFT so it annoys me people sayin we aren't one club..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

This thread wasnt ment to offend anyone, just put it straight and help promotors who are asking lads from kickboxing clubs and karate clubs to ask connor or john to get in touch with them. And these lads are trying to explain to promoters they dont know who connor or john are which in turn confuses promoters. And yes im involved in martial arts in Derry and have some lads from Strabane who come down and train. Connor Cassidy and John are two great coaches and I have respect for them. But is their club not called Ulimate Ju Jitsu strabane??? Im sure that it is but they fight under the amalgamated name of SFT !!!! Which is made up of people from the area from different clubs who want to represent their home town. FACT!!!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

no anyone who fites for us is part of SFT, we train together and are one club. we cover all aspects of mma includin all our stand up. i Fink i shud know who am fitin for!!

Well done EMC, you just proved my point:rolleyes: I have posters saying your club is call UJJ strabane, if you are from Strabane you do compete as part of SFT..... as do the guys from Shotokan Karate, Wado Rui, and Roberts Judo club, Etc etc. Who by the way all fight for SFT.. Proves my point again all the clubs in Strabane make up SFT not just the Ju Jitsu club run by Connor Cassidy, and John Curry, (2 nice people) you are obvously a wee teeny bopper and new to this. lol. Only kiddin, Respect for what you are trying to stand up for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I dont know what your trying to say here but if i want any of the SFT in my shows i call Conor Cassidy. He is the head of the SFT is he not?

Hey Marty, No, Conor is head off Ultimate Ju Jitsu Strabane. At the begining when another group organised the original MMA competitions in strab, all different clubs decided to say that they would amalgimate to fight under the one flag as such, as SFT. Not to take anything away from the ju jitsu club but they did fight under UJJ. And do run a good club....... I think this thread has been taken the wrong way:confused::confused:.... It was ment to put promoters straight who wer asking fighters to contacted UJJ to see if they wer aloud to compete. This ment nothing to martial art and boxing clubs in the Derry, Donegal & Strabane area who had no knowledge off and didnt even know UJJ coaches who dont have anything to do with them and who most fighters didnt even know. Point is... UJJ is run by C. Cassiday..... SFT is anyone who is training in a club(karate, boxing, judo, kickboxing JuiJitsu,Etc in the strabane area and wants to represent their town and community. This was made clear to all clubs 2 years ago, End Off Debate!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 McManus

Hey Marty, No, Conor is head off Ultimate Ju Jitsu Strabane. At the begining when another group organised the original MMA competitions in strab, all different clubs decided to say that they would amalgimate to fight under the one flag as such, as SFT. Not to take anything away from the ju jitsu club but they did fight under UJJ. And do run a good club....... I think this thread has been taken the wrong way:confused::confused:.... It was ment to put promoters straight who wer asking fighters to contacted UJJ to see if they wer aloud to compete. This ment nothing to martial art and boxing clubs in the Derry, Donegal & Strabane area who had no knowledge off and didnt even know UJJ coaches who dont have anything to do with them and who most fighters didnt even know. Point is... UJJ is run by C. Cassiday..... SFT is anyone who is training in a club(karate, boxing, judo, kickboxing JuiJitsu,Etc in the strabane area and wants to represent their town and community. This was made clear to all clubs 2 years ago, End Off Debate!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

UJJ has changed its name to SFT, Conor Cassidy and John Curry are the joint coaches of Strabane Fight Team, Not everyone in who trains in Strabane fight out of SFT as I says before there is another club in the town were Ciaran Boyle trains out of named Lisnafinn MMA. Ciaran recently won in Warrenpoint at Karl Bruins show and he fought out of Lisnafinn MMA.

And SFT is not anyone from Strabane training in a club! Its the club run by Conor and John formerly known as UJJ.

Hope this clears everything up :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Yeah I think it is accepted that Strabane fight Team coaches are Connor and John. Though Bob and a few others have been involved a long the way.

If someone from say a shotokan or judo club wanted to fight they could represent that club??

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭troygracie

hi guys just a reply to this thread to clear this up from jui-jitsu black belt .............strabane fight team is my club it is not a collection of clubs but one team i am head coach and am asisted by john curry ultimate jj was a club a started at the beginning and a changed the name to sft strabane fight team in our team we have guys you take boxing .....geard mc cauley and in judo .......bob gallagher . jj black belt is a bit confused , sft is one club as every promoter knows me and my club and any promoter knows to contact me for fighters there is no confusion . but jj black belt is welcome to contact me if he needs any more info on my club

thanks guys
    conor cassidy head coach sft

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

This is what i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Thanks Conor, i thought for a minute i had missed something!!!! Turns out its just someone talking uninformed bol***ks :)

John
    Cage Contender, 5 Feb 2010, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus
    www.fight.ie

random wee man, who knows nuhin bot SFT confusin pplicon8.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lisnafinmma

Everybody

Conors rite in what he is saying.. I think the confusion is that there is a few teams training in strabane. Conor and john has the main team/club in the town, we (lisnafin mma) are only just established. None of us have a problem training at each others clubs (which is proper order) and we have went to conor, john and jason mccabe (strabane man running evolve) for advice on many occasions.. which is well appreciated. So there is separate clubs,and we all like to see each other do well.. At the last show in Warrenpoint there was four strabane men with fighters (Conor, us, Jason and darren friel) which I see as a possitive.

Strabane has always had an interest in combat sports, and have been very successful for a wee town.... And may it continue... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lisnafinmma

Conors rite in what he is saying.. I think the confusion is that there is a few teams training in strabane. Conor and john has the main team/club in the town, we (lisnafin mma) are only just established. None of us have a problem training at each others clubs (which is proper order) and we have went to conor, john and jason mccabe (strabane man running evolve) for advice on many occasions.. which is well appreciated. So there is separate clubs,and we all like to see each other do well.. At the last show in Warrenpoint there was four strabane men with fighters (Conor, us, Jason and darren friel) which I see as a possitive.

Strabane has always had an interest in combat sports, and have been very successful for a wee town.... And may it continue... :cool:

Advertisement