Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston to UCD...

Options
  • 19-11-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Anyone help here? I'm comin up on the 4th of December for Open Day and I need to know how to get to the campus from Heuston Station ie DART, Luas or Bus Links to campus from Heuston. I have no clue where I'm going so any help would be appreicated :D and also how long would it take me to get from Heuston to UCD? :D

I know alot of info to digest but thank you in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Easiest ways are get the Luas to Abbey street, and then get either the 46a/b, 145 or 10 buses from O'Connell street (bus stop near the Savoy cinema) to UCD.
    Otherwise, get the 92 bus from Heuston to Leeson St. (the last stop), and get either the 145, or 46a/b from there. The 10 bus goes into the campus, and the 46a/b ad 145 stop just outside, on the flyover that leads to the main entrance

It will take about 45 mins, depending on how long you're waiting for buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

You might be lucky enough to catch the mysterious and elusive 46e straight from Heuston to UCD, but I wouldn't be counting on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

The fastest and most frequent method would be using the luas from outside heuston to abbey st. Then get the 10, 11, 145 or 46a/b/c/d/e. The 10 goes directly into UCD and the rest stop just at the enterance. It also leaves every 10-20 mins

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You should also keep an eye out for the 25x as well. It passes Heuston Station and goes right into the campus. It only runs that direction for about an hour in the morning though. Plus, it tends to be packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

The LUAS website has totally confused me :confused: Where can I get my ticket if I'm getting on at Heuston? :confused: It says I have to go to St.James's or something :confused: Oh god...I am so confused...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Ticket machines for LUAS tickets right outside Heuston, you can't miss them.

Thank you all very muchlies:D Now heres to hope I dont get lost :p

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

you can also get your luas ticket on the opposite (from city) side of the tracks, if you're lucky you'll beat the queue and avoid junkies begging.

come to think of it though most Irish Rail tickets have a luas "add-on" option for a euro extra or so. ask when you're getting your ticket at your station

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

Ask for a train ticket to City Center rather than Hueston and it will cover you on the LUAS or the 90 / 92 into town.

The elusive 46E runs reliably at 09:00 rather than the timetabled 08:40 and 09:20.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Print of a google map so that you have some idea where youre going (and can keep track while youre on the bus).Considering you havent a clue where youre going I would suggest getting the 10 bus, because it's last stop is in the campus and it is only 10 mins longer route than the 46a etc. That way you dont have to worry about where youre getting off.

The 10 goes from O connell st outside burger king I think it is.

• Advertisement

OTNiner wrote: »
    Ask for a train ticket to City Center rather than Hueston and it will cover you on the LUAS or the 90 / 92 into town.

The elusive 46E runs reliably at 09:00 rather than the timetabled 08:40 and 09:20.

Can you do that if your booking online?:) My train won't get in till 9.05 :p so I'm sickned about the bus :p and who says the public transport system will be reliable either on the train front...

anyway thank you allllllll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Can you do that if your booking online?:) My train won't get in till 9.05 :p so I'm sickned about the bus :p and who says the public transport system will be reliable either on the train front...

anyway thank you allllllll :D

I've got the train from Cork and then the bus from Heuston to UCD a number of times, it seems to consistently leave about 5 minutes after the train arrives. This might be pure coincidence but I've always thought that they waited for the train.

There's usually a bus conductor guy hanging around outside Heuston station, ask him if the bus will be there anytime soon (or just act naive and ask him what's the best way to UCD), don't rely on the timetable. If there's no bus anytime soon then take the Luas into the city centre and get the bus from O'Connell street as suggested earlier in the thread.

daveyjoe wrote: »
    I've got the train from Cork and then the bus from Heuston to UCD a number of times, it seems to consistently leave about 5 minutes after the train arrives. This might be pure coincidence but I've always thought that they waited for the train.

There's usually a bus conductor guy hanging around outside Heuston station, ask him if the bus will be there anytime soon (or just act naive and ask him what's the best way to UCD), don't rely on the timetable. If there's no bus anytime soon then take the Luas into the city centre and get the bus from O'Connell street as suggested earlier in the thread.

Turns out I wont get in till a quarter 9 past due to timetable changes :( I'll try find the guy and ask him but if not I'll have LUAS timetables in my bag as well as the number 10 bus timetables :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Turns out I wont get in till a quarter 9 past due to timetable changes :( I'll try find the guy and ask him but if not I'll have LUAS timetables in my bag as well as the number 10 bus timetables :D

Yep you should definitely ask anyway it will save you time and hassle especially if you don't know your way around. You don't need a timetable for the Luas or the 10/46a/145 buses, you shouldn't be waiting longer than 5 minutes for either at that time of the morning.

Advertisement