Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petition to FIFA

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Doocey wrote: »
    It's worth a try. We ain't going down without a fight, if you really believe that justice has been done, then you're no footballing man.

ain't going down without a fight?! we're already gone down. the game is over.

i don't believe justice was done, but it isn't always done in football. nor in life.

some stuff goes for you (red card in Italy for nothing, peno in georgia for nothing), some stuff goes against you (Henry last night).
    Headshot wrote: »
    so you just came in to post above

wow you must love your post count

yep. its awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    yep. its awesome.
    Not as awesome as mine though :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Des wrote: »
    Not as awesome as mine though :cool:

HaHa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

ain't going down without a fight?! we're already gone down. the game is over.

i don't believe justice was done, but it isn't always done in football. nor in life.

some stuff goes for you (red card in Italy for nothing, peno in georgia for nothing), some stuff goes against you (Henry last night).

yep. its awesome.

Difference is, those were group stage games. Italy didn't lose with the sending off and it busted the Irish guy's nose.
    Group stage games are amendable, but a game that could see us going to the World Cup, not acceptable
    especially when you handball twice.

so you think the stage a campaign is at should have a bearing on the rules of football? honestly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Signed:)

You are signer #11319

so you think the stage a campaign is at should have a bearing on the rules of football? honestly?

Mr Alan , with respect i have always enjoyed your posts , but all day this has grown and grown with good reason , its even on CNN ffs :)

http://worldsport.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/19/henry-handball-leaves-les-bleus-red-faced/

Its front news on sky / bbc / its worldwide , i think we were robbed , thats true , also i think that THIS instance is the one that has finally broken the camels back as regards the direction FIFA are taking the game , and the outrage on our behalf is all part of the frustration felt by fans the world over ... ie Video Ref etc etc so i think its coming to the fore now !

We all are entitled to an opinion , we dont all agree on everything , but one thing is clear .......... Fifa need to do something to clear this terrrible mess up , if not a replay then bring in some measures to stamp out the cheating and the disputes of did it cross the line or didnt it , tnx :pac:

i agree about the introduction of technology & that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

You are signer #11600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Don't be silly, they won't be over it till Liverpool beat Man City on Saturday or Man Utd beat whoever they're playing.

Time to move on gents, and for the people asking for the match to be replayed in the News, I *facepalm* for you.

no need to be threatening we are all entitled to are own views on this id like to see you try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Difference is, those were group stage games. Italy didn't lose with the sending off and it busted the Irish guy's nose.
    Group stage games are amendable, but a game that could see us going to the World Cup, not acceptable
    especially when you handball twice.

It doesn't matter when it was though, group games are just as influential, are they not?

What I will agree with other people is that with saturation coverage on tv together with instant replies that they have, FIFA have to introduce technology, not just because of what happened to Ireland, but in a very long line of wrong decisions that cost teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

id sign up for it when i get home work blocked anything to do with news or media on the pcs. hope it gets some reply of fifa or eufa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

joe123 wrote: »
    All your posts ive seen regarding this match either relate to "dont be stupid its over" or "move on lads ffs". Bloody annoying to be honest mate.

hes right though :confused:

It's worth a try. We ain't going down without a fight, if you really believe that justice has been done, then you're no footballing man.

nonsense

anyone who truly understands the nature of the game will be able to understand that crappy or not, sh1t happens

bad calls are made, its the human aspect of officiating which adds an extra layer of excitement to things a lot of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

how about both ireland and france both going to the world cup??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If it worked for Cadbury Wispas it can work again :p

You are signer #11861

mikemac wrote: »
    If it worked for Cadbury Wispas it can work again :p

You are signer #11861

LOL at Cadbury Wispas , i see the count is at #11861 and climbing :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

#12040 and climbing!

Accelerating to about 2.5 sigs per second now.

FAI and the Radio stations have not replied yet probably because its after working hours.

In any case, can anyone with accounts in other football centric forums please spread it via any means, Don't forget to mention that it should be spread!

Edit: #12110 now in less than 2 minutes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

mink_man wrote: »
    how about both ireland and france both going to the world cup??

At the expense of....???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

At the expense of....???

Logic?

Open letter to FIFA

Dear Mr FIFA

How are you?
    I am a sad egg!
    Please use tv and stuff from now on, they are really really good and used by other sports. (you know the useless ones)
    You will get a really good deal in the january sales and everything.

Thank you
    Captain Spalding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Signed well done to all involved, hope them FIFA folk give us a replay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    It won't achieve anything. People need to realise that.

we've gotta believe !

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

this is a link to a petition being sent to Sepp Blatter the head man at FIFA demanding a replay of the match in which we lost because of thierry henrys blatant handball! pleas everyone follow this link and help get us a replay! everyone add their names to it please!http://www.fiannafail.ie/fairplay
    please please please sign it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Not a FF fan, but it cant hurt to let FIFA know how we feel even if it is a bit of a cul de sac in the end, you never know it might have an affect.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Fianna Fáil propaganda.

I don't think we'll get the replay. Regardless of number of signatures.

I was absolutely heartbroken last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Every person in the world can sign the petition, but I can't see it happening. Still, well worth a try and I hope as many (for and against it) should sign the petitions.

France are there, cash mongering FIFA are happy, and they'll attract more big bucks next summer. But we musn't give us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Signed

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Getting to the world cup has alot of good economic effects, Anything to lift the general mood of the public will increase spending.

Talking politics in the soccer forum is a bit much though, we have enough of that in every other forum :(

Not going to sign,
    Its a propaganda effort imo, they saw two successful petitions and they jumped on the bandwagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FF are going to hop on this for all it's worth.

just don't forget the sh*te they got us in after this.

f*cking propaganda of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

i think i speak for all when i say , just do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Be Warned if you sign up FF will send you party email also.

FF are using this only to distrct us from thier mess up of coutry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    just do it.

HenryNike.jpg

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Petition threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Aye...great.

Not only is this an online pettition, but one which is being organised by a political party.

Fifa will just LOVE that! :confused:

I recommend we all ditch the FF one and focus on the established petition. FF are just using it as propaganda, No more.

Sign and Spread the original!

I recommend we all ditch the FF one and focus on the established petition. FF are just using it as propaganda, No more.

not enough lols in the world

"sign up for my petition! do it! go on! dont mind the others!"

Helix wrote: »
    not enough lols in the world

"sign up for my petition! do it! go on! dont mind the others!"
    Look man, I seriously do not understand your childish behaviour... Did you check the thread on AH where I have told people to sign the facebook petition aswell as this petition.
    All I want is Ireland to get Justice, Nothing more.

I am against sneaky propoganda however.

All I want is Ireland to get Justice, Nothing more

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What? Whats your problem? Take it to the thread on AH if you want to act like a child, I am not getting this thread closed because of your comments.

This is the last I'm replying to you in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Getting to the world cup has alot of good economic effects, Anything to lift the general mood of the public will increase spending.

Talking politics in the soccer forum is a bit much though, we have enough of that in every other forum :(

Not going to sign,
    Its a propaganda effort imo, they saw two successful petitions and they jumped on the bandwagon.

But not significant,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You do agree that what happened last night was wrong don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

The fastest growing petition has to be this on facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petition-to-have-IRELAND-Vs-FRANCE-REPLAYED/180940979795?v=wall&ref=nf

Currently at 160,000 and growing rapidly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

This thread is a joke. Online petitions my arse. Ireland lost, get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Useless ****ing negativity.

Wrecks my head.

Biggest story in the world at the moment, there is a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Done, for what its worth.......over 14,100 lets count to a million lol:D

CiaranC wrote: »
    This thread is a joke. Online petitions my arse. Ireland lost, get over it.

If Ireland are given a replay will you say the same thing then ? Not trying to argue with ya , just wondering ?

Done, for what its worth.......over 14,100 lets count to a million lol:D
    20090 at the present moment, still at 2.5 sigs per second which really is starting to annoy me.
    We need more spreading of this. Too many people are signing and forgetting about it. Time is running out and we must reach far higher to get FIFA's attention. Please people SIGN AND SPREAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

Hello,

Last night Thierry Henry's handball robbed us of the chance to get to South Africa for the World Cup. However, I've just signed a petition which will go to Sepp Blatter demanding the game is replayed. Add your name here:

http://www.fiannafail.ie/fairplay

The more names we get, the more likely the game is to be replayed.

Thanks!

lads thats a petition fianna fail have

• Advertisement
Advertisement