Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double-standard modding in After Hours

Options
  • 19-11-2009 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

I'd like to complain about serious double-standard modding in After Hours, especially from Frada and Terry.

Obviously with the match there are a lot of trouble-maker threads there, and most have been locked with the OP banned (this and this, for example).

Threads that are even vaguely relevant to it are being locked as well (this for example)

So how come Terry, an After Hours mod, is allowed to START this thread?

And how come mods and popular users who are starting threads and getting them locked are not being infracted and banned (this and this, for example)?

I think this is extremely unfair, as mods and friends-of-mods are being given different standards to other users.

Either allow everything, or allow nothing and keep the punishments the same, not a biased combination of both.

Could an admin please look into this?

BTW, I have no personal vendetta against any mods in AH, I just think that this whole situation is incredibly unfair.

Edit: I see Terry's thread is locked now, was that one of you or one of the AH mods coming to their senses?

Edit again: And now it's open again, what the hell's going on?

Edit another: It seems as though his thread's deleted now. Strange...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hey WeWillBeReborn,

There's a big thread entitled The Match **DO NOT START OTHER MATCH THREADS** for people who hadn't registered for the soccer board to post in. The other thread you're referring to has been rightly locked. Emotional night for lots of people obviously.

I'm not entirely sure which parts of your complaint are left outstanding - can you pop the unaddressed things in a new post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

My main issue was that Terry started a similar thread to those that were being locked, but I see that's been deleted now. Was that done by one of the AH mods or an Admin?

Because either way I find it to be a very unprofessional thing to do. And when I raised my concerns on the thread, I was mocked for my comment, not only by regular users but also by Terry, whom I am extremely disappointed with.

My other problem is that these threads (here and here) were locked with no punishment given to the OPs, even though others who started similar threads were banned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The thread was locked by another after hours mod. Terry opened that thread himself and none of the after hours mods agreed with it. It was unprofessional but it has been dealt with.

All the people who were banned last night for starting soccer threads have been unbanned. Things didn't go very well last night in after hours but given the exceptional circumstances I think it's fair to say they could have been a lot worse. And any slip ups have since been rectified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

Okay, great, thanks guys :)

Advertisement