Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI in trouble?

• 19-11-2009 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

First of all gutted over tonight's result and the reasons behind it.

I'm presuming that the FAI could now be in financial trouble given the loss of potential earnings from the World Cup. I think BO'H mentioned a figure of €200 million on RTE tonight.

What could be the consequences of this?
    I know the FAI is struggling to sell off their Vantage Club tickets and not qualifying will only go on to hurt the effort. Could this lead to increased ticket prices?

How much do the FAI owe on Landsdowne and their shiny new HQ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Walsh wrote: »

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Iv heard the saying 'cutting off your nose to spite your face..', but i think here it would be more appropriate to say cutting off your body to spite your head.. or something equally ridiculous.. ludicrous thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

regardless of your feelings towards those that run the organisation, it's the grassroots that will suffer from the loss of this money, not John Delaney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's a Manchester United fan, what does he care about Irish football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

pithater1 wrote: »
    I know the FAI is struggling to sell off their Vantage Club tickets and not qualifying will only go on to hurt the effort. Could this lead to increased ticket prices?

We live in a small country. The Vantage Club tickets aren't selling because they are twice the price they should be. The new stadium isn't Wembley and we aren't england. The FAI need to stop modeling themselves on organisations in different circumstances.

The interest is there. If/When the price comes down, they will sell quickly.

Advertisement