Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs 100 Season 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dmohalloran

Hey I was in the mob for last nights live show, I got Uno Rush too. was pretty impressed. Last season, never got into the mob.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

the one thing I can never understand is the very first question. I could be the most trivial simplistic question and I guarantee half a dozen people will get it wrong. Are they just hitting X repeatedly without even reading the question?

Its astonishing, I mean its beyond "well, some people are thick" as an explanation. I simply cannot get over it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Extended play keeps crashing on me at the moment, really annoying as I was doing well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Well i cant get it downloaded this time either. Error come up as 'cant complete download .please try again later? No i wont cos it still wont feckin work ./

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Do you have to be in the top 3 of the mob to win the prize that night (Eg uno last time) or is it just random?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

You gotta be in the top 3 of the crowd to be in with a chance of winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

I'm not bragging but I won UNO rush in the live show on friday but...I already have it! Shouldent there be a choice on the game? As far as I know they changed how many times you can be in the mob and win so it doesent seem fair that you win something you have already paid for :rolleyes:
    Also why was their no live host?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bloc

really dont know how you guys are gettin into mob is it just based purely on speed I think have had at least 2 top 10 finishes and several top 100 finishes both in the 2 extended plays beforehand and during the live shows and still didnt get in!!! Pretty frustratin.
    seems to be a lot of the same faces in the mob the whole time.

Bloc wrote: »
    really dont know how you guys are gettin into mob is it just based purely on speed I think have had at least 2 top 10 finishes and several top 100 finishes both in the 2 extended plays beforehand and during the live shows and still didnt get in!!! Pretty frustratin.
    seems to be a lot of the same faces in the mob the whole time.

well I've been in the mob 3 times and was the one (last season) and got in the mob on the first show of series 2. I'm not the fastest at answering so I doubt it's speed - I played it slot ALOT Last season This one week and I guess that's how I got picked :confused: but I think they changed it this season based on general performance,previous rounds, and lifetime scores (I think that's the selecton method...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I noticed when I did get in the mob there was only about 1500 in the crowd. I think there was alot of connection issues last time so it was mainly luck, although I did get in the top 10 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Had problems trying to get into this last night again.
    What's the bets there will be tonight what with it going live.

I know when you enter it says the ireland edition but i haven't seen that many questions relating to Ireland or is it just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Highest Mountain in Ireland is the only Irish related question I saw.

Loads of English geography ones though, that I haven't a clue about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Irish and UK editions are the same. There was a few Irish questions in the general trivia rounds last night.

Thought the football round last night was very good. Huge improvement in the questions over last seasons football rounds. Extreme Sports after it was good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

how do you use a 'safety'..helpquick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

If this is any help to you please be aware that its for the xbox When you get a safety to use it just press y then press y and hold it down until the circle files the icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

cheers... it wasnt actually a safety it was the leader icon i think....

doh...first day on 1 vs 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got into the mob tonight, won 200 or so points :)

One guy walked away with 5000 points fair play to him.

One thing I have been noticing over the rounds though is the difference in scores between the top 3 and my score even if i have answered all correctly, they surely cant be gettign an instant answer every time to justify a gap of 1000's :mad:

There was a winner tonight of the 10000 points. Great show overall but the guy who won was excellent. Went down to 1v1 and both got 2 qs right before guy in the mob eventually got it wrong.

The very next One got down to 5 Mob members but lost out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ya, I was on last night when the guy took down the whole mob, played a blinder! Also, my group of 4 was boards central. The Batman IRL and Louisburgh Lass were both in with me :)

Aye, it was cool seeing another boardsie pop into the group. Was in a group with Cableguy IE too in the last live game.

I found some of the questions tough last night, compared to the extended play afterwards which was fairly easy.

Still didn't get into the Mob...

It always seems to be one of the top 3 scorers in the previous round that get to the One, and the Mob always seems to be the same faces the whole time.

• Advertisement

There was this little weird lad, looked like Toad from the Mario series, who was basically in the mob the whole way through last night. I also spooted someone in Ghosts costume from MW2 popping up the whole time in the mob but I guess that doesn't mean a thing seeing as a lot of people probably have that exact same outfit. Sickened that I logged out just before the round with the 10,000 winner!!! :(

Ya, spotted that toad guy loads too....he stands out as he is pure white...Thought he was fairly funny looking...

Loads of people probably have that Ghost costume alright, same with the ODST suit.

I noticed oo iee oo from here also. Think he came in the top 3 of the first round so I presume he was in the mob again.

Got very close to the top scores in a couple of rounds and thought I might get in the mob but no dice.

bucks73 wrote: »
    I noticed oo iee oo from here also. Think he came in the top 3 of the first round so I presume he was in the mob again.

Got very close to the top scores in a couple of rounds and thought I might get in the mob but no dice.

I was top scorer in the video game extended play not on the live show :D I only got one wrong out of 37. unfortunately I dident get in the mob last night but as far as I know they made it so you can only win in the mob once and as the one and then be a top scorer and that's it (correct me if I'm wrong) I've already won so I don't think I'll be in it again :rolleyes: pity Its not like last season where I played it towards the end and would get in the mob!

Fair ****s to ya. I thought I'd breeze through the VG round but I must admit more than a couple of them threw me right off! :D

Asmodean wrote: »
    Fair ****s to ya. I thought I'd breeze through the VG round but I must admit more than a couple of them threw me right off! :D

I guessed most of them especially the x3 one about where the president of nintendo was born and I made use of all my safeties :D also they seemed to ask a few about world of Warcraft which I never even played so I got lucky with them...

Thought that was a tricky round too. Have never played WoW or a lot of Nintendo stuff so was guessing.

Anyone do the maths ones tonight? They had questions which used the back button, select button and ? as math symbols and I had no clue what they meant. Apart from those it was handy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Thought that was a tricky round too. Have never played WoW or a lot of Nintendo stuff so was guessing.

Anyone do the maths ones tonight? They had questions which used the back button, select button and ? as math symbols and I had no clue what they meant. Apart from those it was handy enough.

Yeah played the maths ones and was fairly annoyed when I saw the back and start buttons then a ? appear for symbols.... :mad:

Edit: Did anyone see the Eamon DeValera question where only about 10 people said Ireland.... I cried.

ya what the hell were those questions? I guessed or skipped because I hadn't a clue, and was even more confused after seeing the correct answers:confused:

• Advertisement

1vs100s Twitter said they are aware of the problem and are working on it. It was very confusing.

Advertisement