Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs 100 Season 2

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

played about 20 hours last season and was never picked as the one so couldnt be bothered again TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Those maths questions were ridiculous when the wrong symbols started popping up. I got a bit frustrated with it and the OH had to calm me down a bit. lol
    Got 100% in the first maths round though so I was delighted with that. The questions weren't too bad but being under pressure made a lot of them quite tricky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So was it actually a problem that the wrong symbols were showing up?

Or were we supposed to work out what the Select Button of 100 was?

I was shocked when that question came up, I only just joined half way through, got an easy addition question, then a question on Pi, got em both, and was thinking this isn't gonna be that bad, then that select thing came up and I was baffled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Lol...yeah the back button and select button both appeared in questions as well as some sort of funny looking question mark.Couldnt figure out from the answers what they were meant to be though.

Initially I thought it was a square root but that really didn't apply to any of them! IIRC the correct Sq.Rt symbol did come up during the game also so that theory is out the window.

• Advertisement

Bucks, you said they are aware of the problem and working on it....was that a reference to those mad maths questions with the symbols or was there some other issue?

I'm thinking it was the mad maths.

Asmodean wrote: »
    I'm thinking it was the mad maths.

Mad Indeed....

Hopefully its normal movie trivia tonight and they don't ask anything like?

Who is the 'select button' in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight?

Answers: 22. 44. 66.

WTF?

Ha Ha lets hope not!
    Although it would be handy if they ask what was the symbol on the riddlers costume in Batman Forever. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Can you join the extended play once it's started?? Can't find the bloody thing on the dash.

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Bucks, you said they are aware of the problem and working on it....was that a reference to those mad maths questions with the symbols or was there some other issue?

Yeah it was with regard to the odd symbols that came up. I sent them a message myself but Id say they were bombarded as they didnt reply for a couple of hours. :D

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Can you join the extended play once it's started?? Can't find the bloody thing on the dash.

Its actually kind of awkward to find it now. Go to the Spotlight channel and click on any of the 1vs100 ads. When in there you can select to Go To Primetime and this will give you a full list of upcoming episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just an FYI, from the 1vs100 twitter...

"It's Xtival 09! We're celebrating with the UK/Eire LIVE SHOW tonight at 7.30pm, LIVE is free for all so get your Silver friends involved!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

rizzla wrote: »
    Just an FYI, from the 1vs100 twitter...

"It's Xtival 09! We're celebrating with the UK/Eire LIVE SHOW tonight at 7.30pm, LIVE is free for all so get your Silver friends involved!"

I got into a game with you (duffy ftw)...I cannot believe I got the Simpsons question wrong...Shocking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

hey Batman IRL, are you and louisburgh lass the same person? your scores tonight were always no more than 3 points off each other.

Nope, definitely two different people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

can confirm that Batman IRL and louisburgh lass are two different people having played both at the same time in bomberland online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I was in a game with you two methinks. :P

Aye, it was boards central again last night,was playing with a good few of ye...always good to see a familiar gamertag pop up...

Outta interest, what are ye're season stats, my percentage is 72, down from 75 after last nights terrible display, 72 probably isn't good enough to get selected for the mob...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Has anyone actually ever heard the live host here?
    I was playing last night and I heard the female voice saying and "now it's over to the live host" and total silence ie. I didn't hear a single word from the host.
    I have a 1mb connection so does that make a difference?

Also after I was eliminated from the game I just kept answering questions anyway and my score seemed to keep going up?
    Are you supposed to do that?

Then I got bored during one of the games after getting eliminated and quit it. I was just wondering what happens in the game when someone disconnects during the middle of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I was playing last night and I heard the female voice saying and "now it's over to the live host" and total silence ie. I didn't hear a single word from the host.

I've a 3MB connection and I haven't heard a thing from the live host either. Have to say I'm loving this so far, won the Extended Play trivia a week ago but its been all downhill since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Loved the shrek qustion tonight.
    only about 8000 in it and around 6000 got it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

quinnd6 wrote: »

Also after I was eliminated from the game I just kept answering questions anyway and my score seemed to keep going up?
    Are you supposed to do that?

Then I got bored during one of the games after getting eliminated and quit it. I was just wondering what happens in the game when someone disconnects during the middle of the game?

I read on the xbox.com forums that there is no live host this season :(

Nope, definitely two different people...

then you are both telepatic or talking to each other on skype or something! it was absolutely amazing how similiar your scores were and your answers were always exactly the same, right or wrong!

Aye, it was boards central again last night,was playing with a good few of ye...always good to see a familiar gamertag pop up...

Outta interest, what are ye're season stats, my percentage is 72, down from 75 after last nights terrible display, 72 probably isn't good enough to get selected for the mob...

only about 67% or so, definitely not good enough I'd say! although i did some extended play tonight for the first time and it was fairly easy for the most part....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Really enjoying the game but really fed up with how when you join game it comes up with 'Ireland Episode' but really it's a UK one.

Keep asking me questions about Britain that I haven't a clue about.

Also tonight they asked 'What Planet are Big Breakfast puppets Zig & Zag from?'. Sure for all Irish people they're 'Den' puppets not Big Breakfast.

Sent them a message on Twitter about it but I'm sure nothing will come of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Enjoying this season, much more interesting than lasts, too bad they either couldn't get hold of a host, or just couldn't be bothered paying for a new one (Cheap bastards). Anywho, I was wondeirng is anyone having the same problem as me and can't invite ANYONE on their friends list to join their game. It's really getting ****ing annoying...

Have no problem inviting people to the game...

But last night was the first night, that nobody joined in, so it was just myself and 3 blank spaces...Normally those places get filled with with randomers or friends, but nothing last night. Made it a bit boring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

i loved the zig and zag question!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Has anyone thought of starting a boards team for this? :P I'd be happy to join it! :)

Advertisement