Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forced out of a bar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No, and it won't be either or this thread will be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

kippy wrote: »
    What was poor about it?
    Bouncers doing their jobs and probably trying to clear a VERY busy bar before the bar was operating illegally.
    Has the establishment been menioned yet actually?

Well the OP, who was there obviously felt it was poor..."very poor" in fact. That is his opinion and based on what he has said, it sounds like he felt he was treated in an unreasonable manner and was just expressing as much. He felt aggrieved, made his point, and there are differing opinions on it... I don't see that any other person's opinion has any more authority than his...personally I was speaking in general terms about my own experience...I trust this is OK?

There seems to be some debate in the thread about the ins and outs of the legality of the issue. Personally I am not sure of the law but I think it is fair enough for customers to be asked to leave within a reasonable amount of time and for the bar to want to clean up, at no time have I disagreed with that. People have jobs to do. But it is also reasonable for them to be treated as respected customers while drinking up.

If you want to be specific....how do you know the bar was "VERY busy"?

I don't think it really matters what the establishment was. I don't think it's acceptable to treat customers in this manner, regardless of where it is.

Advertisement