Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fare thee well.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I just read all 20 pages & 300 posts.

I regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Attention Whore....
    First Orestes now this..
    Whats with the ghey farewells?

They are pissed off with the way things are changing, that's the gist of farewell threads for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You suck at analogies.

It would be easy to steer in a thick viscous liquid. It's harder to steer in something of low viscosity that changes direction randomly.

Not really. The less viscous a fluid is the longer it would take for the boat to turn, therefore making it harder to steer.

Lets say for example a boat is headed towards a canal bank and the water is filled with some semi sold material making it less viscous, it would be harder to steer the boat away from its current direction because it wouldn't cut through the water so easily.

Can a mod change the title of this thread to "viscosity", because I think we are finished talking about Terry now and the discussion has taken a new direction

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...that would depend on the viscosity of the thread, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can a mod change the title of this thread to "viscosity", because I think we are finished talking about Terry now and the discussion has taken a new direction

Maybe they can sticky it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Re OP.

Meh............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    They are pissed off with the way things are changing, that's the gist of farewell threads for the most part.

I'm new here.. but I am curious. Whats changing?

Terry wrote: »
    That's fair enough.
    You're entitled to your opinion.
    Ideally, I would have liked to have pleased all of the people all of the time, but that's impossible.
    Maybe you'll enjoy AH a bit more without me as a mod.

I have edited the OP to point out that I'm quite open to criticism in this thread. I have also left a message for the mods expressing this.

I'd prefer criticism be left alone rather than this being a circle jerk thread.

I know that I rubbed quite a lot of people up the wrong way and I don't see any point in pretending that it never happened.

I only ask that people not get into pointless arguements and make more work for the mods.

Should someone criticise me, then so be it.
    Should someone wish me well, then so be it.

There's no point in getting into arguements with others because they disagree with your opinion of me.
    Criticism and praise are equally welcome.

Good God. This goodbye thread seems to be more complicated and full of issues than a bad break up!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

RIP Terry.

/wrong thread

thorbarry wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62560457&postcount=1

That, and the first post of this thread, pretty much sums up the beefs that some of the "vet" posters have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

thorbarry wrote: »

jaysus!!

Four years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

See ya Terry. Don't believe we have ever exchanged posts, however I have seen yours and would say I got a laugh out of them.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

jaysus!!

Four years later!

I'm a late bloomer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Quazzie wrote: »
    The people are the water the mods just try and steer the ship. Kinda hard when the waters thick with shït.

The people are the ship.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm a bit confused, whats happening?

Either way AH is a very tough place to mod, it has more casts offs that a whores used rubber bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

laugh wrote: »
    The people are the ship.

Hi Eric!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

laugh wrote: »
    The people are the ship.

The hammer is my penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I don't agree with how you went about this Terry but hey, you're a top guy and I always thought you were a great mod.

Best of luck man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Hey man.

Just wanted to say thanks for doing all that stuff with the internet that time.

Was nice to meet you in the real life that time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I don't agree with how you went about this Terry
    Yeah, fireworks and a parade would have been much better. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This thread reminds me of a movie "The long goodbye":p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

ejmaztec wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of a movie "The long goodbye":p

was that shit too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Seen today that terry has decided to hang up his AH mod coat.

Personally im disgusted by some of the comments made in this thread. I dont know - im no gent, but my mother often told me that if you havnt got something nice to say dont say it at all, i apply this to the inter net in a slightly different way, if you arent prepared to say something to someones face if you met them in a pub etc, dont post bull**** on the internet - it makes you a pathetic little internet hardman.

Terry is like John and edward, you either get it or you dont, you then of course either like the chap or dont.

I like the chap, and i will be sad to see him no longer a member of the AH team, and i wish him well.

I think it is rather appropritate for a chap that spent so much time in this forum and is liked by so many members to start a thread on this subject, people that disagree with me on this are probably filled with envy due to the fact they wouldnt generate over 300 posts in less than 24 hours if they themselves decided to leave etc..

Terry has banned me from AH more times than any other mod, perhaps 3 tiimes in 28 months.. warrented 66.666% of the time. I hold no grudge, its the internet. I do however disagree with his parting comments about the other AH mods not knowing their job, i dont think that was particularly nice, i wouldnt have but again its not a major issue..

Anyhow, sorry you are going big man, enjoyed your 3am drunken threads :)
    All of you that have those negative comments to post.. I extend to you a sincere **** you.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Is this a piss take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nodin wrote: »
    Is this a piss take?

Nope. I seriously voted Degsy for next AH mod :P

snyper wrote: »
    Seen today that terry has decided to hang up his AH mod coat.

Personally im disgusted by some of the comments made in this thread. I dont know - im no gent, but my mother often told me that if you havnt got something nice to say dont say it at all, i apply this to the inter net in a slightly different way, if you arent prepared to say something to someones face if you met them in a pub etc, dont post bull**** on the internet - it makes you a pathetic little internet hardman.

Terry is like John and edward, you either get it or you dont, you then of course either like the chap or dont.

I like the chap, and i will be sad to see him no longer a member of the AH team, and i wish him well.

I think it is rather appropritate for a chap that spent so much time in this forum and is liked by so many members to start a thread on this subject, people that disagree with me on this are probably filled with envy due to the fact they wouldnt generate over 300 posts in less than 24 hours if they themselves decided to leave etc..

Terry has banned me from AH more times than any other mod, perhaps 3 tiimes in 28 months.. warrented 66.666% of the time. I hold no grudge, its the internet. I do however disagree with his parting comments about the other AH mods not knowing their job, i dont think that was particularly nice, i wouldnt have but again its not a major issue..

Anyhow, sorry you are going big man, enjoyed your 3am drunken threads :)
    All of you that have those negative comments to post.. I extend to you a sincere **** you.

Brian

Out of interest would you use that aggressive tone in real life towards those people who made negative comments, and tell them to **** off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is the longest and frankly worst goodbye since the last Frank Sinatra tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Out of interest would you use that aggressive tone in real life towards those people who made negative comments, and tell them to **** off?

Yes.

If you knew me, which naturally you dont, i would.

I tell people how i feel, some times it annoys those clsest to me, but i think its appreciated generally, as im not one of those 2 faced people that simle at you and then stab you in the back.

Often you will find the delivery of what one says, through body language etc although acid tongue'd, doesnt come across as "agressive"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Probably, hes a real-life hardman also :)

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    Yes.

If you knew me, which naturally you dont, i would.

I tell people how i feel, some times it annoys those clsest to me, but i think its appreciated generally, as im not one of those 2 faced people that simle at you and then stab you in the back.

Often you will find the delivery of what one says, through body language etc although acid tongue'd, doesnt come across as "agressive"

Fair enough, just checking that you weren't all talk yourself. :)
    el judìo wrote: »
    Probably, hes a real-life hardman also :)

No doubt. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement