Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fare thee well.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

snyper wrote: »
    Yes.

If you knew me, which naturally you dont, i would.

I tell people how i feel, some times it annoys those clsest to me, but i think its appreciated generally, as im not one of those 2 faced people that simle at you and then stab you in the back.

Often you will find the delivery of what one says, through body language etc although acid tongue'd, doesnt come across as "agressive"
    So how do you know that the people who made those comments aren't just like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Fair enough, just checking that you weren't all talk yourself. :)

Meah, i know, and to be honest, its impossible for you to know, i could be talking shyte now, but - i like to think im genuine - if little else, if one is being an asshole i will tell them, perhaps in a more diplomatic way, but i dont do tongue biting

So how do you know that the people who made those comments aren't just like you.

I see what you did there.

Theres a time and a place for it AC.

If for example Whitewashman decided to Leave the internet and start a thread about it i wouldnt post in it...

Tongue biting is required for internet. If you dont you get banned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I see what you did there.

Theres a time and a place for it AC.

If for example Whitewashman decided to Leave the internet and start a thread about it i wouldnt post in it...

Tongue biting is required for internet. If you dont you get banned.
    You seem to be reading something into my post that I didn't put there. I wasn't abusing you or anything like that if that's what you mean. I'm just pointing out you think that everyone who has said nasty comments is an internet hard man. Then you tell them to **** off. Surely you can see how this makes you look very hypocritical. I know you say you would actually say this to their face but how do you know they wouldn't do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Seen today that terry has decided to hang up his AH mod coat.

Personally im disgusted by some of the comments made in this thread. I dont know - im no gent, but my mother often told me that if you havnt got something nice to say dont say it at all, i apply this to the inter net in a slightly different way, if you arent prepared to say something to someones face if you met them in a pub etc, dont post bull**** on the internet - it makes you a pathetic little internet hardman.

Terry is like John and edward, you either get it or you dont, you then of course either like the chap or dont.

I like the chap, and i will be sad to see him no longer a member of the AH team, and i wish him well.

I think it is rather appropritate for a chap that spent so much time in this forum and is liked by so many members to start a thread on this subject, people that disagree with me on this are probably filled with envy due to the fact they wouldnt generate over 300 posts in less than 24 hours if they themselves decided to leave etc..

Terry has banned me from AH more times than any other mod, perhaps 3 tiimes in 28 months.. warrented 66.666% of the time. I hold no grudge, its the internet. I do however disagree with his parting comments about the other AH mods not knowing their job, i dont think that was particularly nice, i wouldnt have but again its not a major issue..

Anyhow, sorry you are going big man, enjoyed your 3am drunken threads :)
    All of you that have those negative comments to post.. I extend to you a sincere **** you.

Brian

You see, this is a load of bollox... "only say something nice" what a load of rubbish. If you have something to say, just say it, boohoo if it ruffles a few feathers. How you can differentiate between people who would and would not say something to somebodies face is beyond me. Either way, I couldn't really give a damn about your opinions either :)

Terry's way of modding wasn't liked by everyone, yet people go fcuking nuts to protect him... Cry a little more I say. It's an internet forum, big swinging donkey d!ck...I don't understand why people are getting so emotional and fcuked up when people give Terry a bit of guff... He fcuking deserves it. ;)

segaBOY wrote: »
    You're posting like a dick tbh.

How this is ok, is beyond me...

• Advertisement

You seem to be reading something into my post that I didn't put there. I wasn't abusing you or anything like that if that's what you mean. I'm just pointing out you think that everyone who has said nasty comments is an internet hard man. Then you tell them to **** off. Surely you can see how this makes you look very hypocritical. I know you say you would actually say this to their face but how do you know they wouldn't do the same.

well then the internet is full of very angry people that says alot of nasty things to people, in a less than diplomatic manner, if the things said on the internet were as frequent in person the boards beers would end up in a mass brawl

boohoo if it ruffles a few feathers. How you can differentiate between people who would and would not say something to somebodies face is beyond me.

See my previous post
    I couldn't really give a damn about your opinions either :)

Good for you.

Terry's way of modding wasn't liked by everyone,

I never said he was, read my post again, i said he was John and edward

, yet people go fcuking nuts to protect him.

Im not. Hes a well able to do that himself

I don't understand why people are getting so emotional

Emotional lol. This is internet. I dont get emotional on internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Well as a poster I'm going to miss Terry as a mod.

I may not agree with what he said about the mods here, there's a time and a place but Terry was never one to hold his tongue and we have to respect that.

I think some people in this thread don't realise the positive influence Terry has had on the forum as a whole. I've seen behind the scenes here and his work rate and dedication the the forum is probably second only to Karoma (sorry if I have offended anyone but I'm only here since '08).

Terry is/was a character here on boards, we might not have agreed with his decisions posted or some of his threads (he infracted me, only mark I have on my record :o) but when the **** hit the fan and Terry was around you knew it would get sorted and get sorted fairly....granted it might have been the next day!

I met Terry once at a beers and I have to say he was sound out. Our opinion of mods here is somewhat tarnished by the amount of bannings that they give out, when you meet a person face-to-face you get a feeling of what they're really like.

I honestly think that AH has lost a great mod, we can see that by the fact that he was liked by some and disliked by others, there was generally no middle ground. If people were indifferent he should be worried.
    I also think that we have a great team of remaining mods here on AH and we are adapting to what our posters want, we are evolving as mods for AHs benefit.

So Terry I would like to say a big "thank you" from myself, if you were not a mod here I probably would never have been hooked on AH. You gave a hell of a lot to this forum IMHO.

Thank you Terry.

well then the internet is full of very angry people that says alot of nasty things to people, in a less than diplomatic manner, if the things said on the internet were as frequent in person the boards beers would end up in a mass brawl
    I imagine they are not. They might say something to someone's face but I doubt they would put it the same way as they would here. Can you honestly say that if you met one of them, you'd call them an internet hardman and tell them to **** off.

I imagine they are not. They might say something to someone's face but I doubt they would put it the same way as they would here. Can you honestly say that if you met one of them, you'd call them an internet hardman and tell them to **** off.

good point.

no. i wouldnt.

I would however phrase it as i said earlier a little more diplomatic..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You see, this is a load of bollox... "only say something nice" what a load of rubbish. If you have something to say, just say it, boohoo if it ruffles a few feathers. How you can differentiate between people who would and would not say something to somebodies face is beyond me. Either way, I couldn't really give a damn about your opinions either :)
    You are behaving like a total dick in this thread. You didnt like him, so fúcking what? Give it a rest, you're boring a lot of people who knew and liked Terry. Why post in here if you're gonna act the knob? What's the point? You're just showing yourself up tbh!
    Terry's way of modding wasn't liked by everyone, yet people go fcuking nuts to protect him... Cry a little more I say. It's an internet forum, big swinging donkey d!ck...I don't understand why people are getting so emotional and fcuked up when people give Terry a bit of guff... He fcuking deserves it. ;)

How this is ok, is beyond me...
    I protect him as the only reason we became friends is because of AH. I met such a good friend through an "internet forum". As for a donkey dick, i was there the night the pic was taken, i'll say no more :P

We're really good friends and you acting like a rothweiler who's chewing a wasp is pretty pathetic. "its only an internet forum" Iam, so why get so pissed off with one member? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Kiera wrote: »
    You are behaving like a total dick in this thread. You didnt like him, so fúcking what? Give it a rest, you're boring a lot of people who knew and liked Terry. Why post in here if you're gonna act the knob? What's the point? You're just showing yourself up tbh!

Circle jerk threads are cringeworthy and must be disrupted at every opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Life is not so short but that there's always time for courtesy."

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Circle jerk threads are cringeworthy and must be disrupted at every opportunity.
    Nah I disagree. I was brought up not dragged up. I have manners.

Look the underlined words up ;)

Nah I disagree. I was brought up not dragged up. I have manners.

Look the underlined words up ;)

Dragged up manners?

Dragged up manners?
    Troll much?

I have manners.

Really? I might have believed it if you hadn't posted the following.

Don't do it again.

Troll much?

You don't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

rarnes1 wrote: »
    RIP Terry.

/wrong thread
    Jaysus. Give me a couple of years.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I don't agree with how you went about this Terry but hey, you're a top guy and I always thought you were a great mod.

Best of luck man :)
    I never intended to go out with a whimper.
    It's not as big of a bang as I wanted either, but you don't always get what you want.

Upon reflection, I should have deleted the entire front page again.

Seen today that terry has decided to hang up his AH mod coat.

Personally im disgusted by some of the comments made in this thread. I dont know - im no gent, but my mother often told me that if you havnt got something nice to say dont say it at all, i apply this to the inter net in a slightly different way, if you arent prepared to say something to someones face if you met them in a pub etc, dont post bull**** on the internet - it makes you a pathetic little internet hardman.

Terry is like John and edward, you either get it or you dont, you then of course either like the chap or dont.

I like the chap, and i will be sad to see him no longer a member of the AH team, and i wish him well.

I think it is rather appropritate for a chap that spent so much time in this forum and is liked by so many members to start a thread on this subject, people that disagree with me on this are probably filled with envy due to the fact they wouldnt generate over 300 posts in less than 24 hours if they themselves decided to leave etc..

Terry has banned me from AH more times than any other mod, perhaps 3 tiimes in 28 months.. warrented 66.666% of the time. I hold no grudge, its the internet. I do however disagree with his parting comments about the other AH mods not knowing their job, i dont think that was particularly nice, i wouldnt have but again its not a major issue..

Anyhow, sorry you are going big man, enjoyed your 3am drunken threads :)
    All of you that have those negative comments to post.. I extend to you a sincere **** you.

Brian
    Jedward? ****ing jedward?
    Listen, buddy. Louis walsh isn't grooming me for anal sex.

mike65 wrote: »
    This is the longest and frankly worst goodbye since the last Frank Sinatra tour.
    We're quite alike, you and I.
    We both write a lot without really saying anything.

I would.
    Then I'd get naked and laugh as they ran away.

I edited the opening post to say that I'm open to criticism within the rules of this forum.

Once again, I'm not so deluded as to think that everyone likes me.
    Quite frankly, I really and truly couldn't give a flying **** what others think of me. I'm just here for a laugh.

Really? I might have believed it if you hadn't posted the following.

Don't do it again.
    Sorry AC "red flag to a bull" and all that.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    Quite frankly, I really and truly couldn't give a flying **** what others think of me. I'm just here for a laugh.

I just wish a lot more people would be of the same frame of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

"circlejerks" are natural to form. It happens in everyday life without being noticed so don't expect it not to occurr in an online community.

You're here nearly 4 months so don't worry, you'll find your "circlejerk" soon enough.

"circlejerks" are natural to form. It happens in everyday life without being noticed so don't expect it not to occurr in an online community.

You're here nearly 4 months so don't worry, you'll find your "circlejerk" soon enough.

I've been here a lot longer than that under different guises.

I have no interest in circle jerking with anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I can't believe I'm still reading this. 353 posts of a car crash

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

genericguy wrote: »
    was that shit too?

No, the title fits, but the movie version of the thread would be anything with Madonna in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

ejmaztec wrote: »
    No, the title fits, but the movie version of the thread would be anything with Madonna in it.

So Madonna is going to adopt Terry as a black babbay? Be janey....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Well, I like circle jerks .. especially if I am the only guy ;)

With Terry I have had just some slight minor run-ins under my last username but OutlawPete and Terry never crossed swords. Argreed with some bannings and not so much with others but that's life.

So good luck man with whatever it is you do and if it's okay with you for the next five minutes I'd like to pretend your dead (:)) as I have the perfect song.

I'm a Boss fan (no **** :)) and one of my favourite Springsteen tracks is 'Terry's Song' that he wrote when his manager / best friend died.

Think there is just about enough love on the thread left, when you clear out all the neg's so here it is .. just focus on the lyrics and think of Terry shivering naked at The Spire (€10 more to the Bollocko fund if I can't make at least one boardsie cry with this) :)

Terry's Song .. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm done.
    Bollocko for mod of the year. Seriously.

Best of luck with the other mods. None of them know what they want or what they're doing in AH.

*Note. I'm excluding Zohan from that. He's new.
    Jaysus, suprised by how some people have replied to Terry's opening post. It's hardly scathing criticism. He didn't even swear once, not even one bit of abuse. Infact, I'd be inclined to agree with it, and it raises good points. Modding in AH is all over the place atm, it appears as if some are taking feedback into account and others not so much. AH modding needs a serious overhaul. Anyway, this isn't the time or place.

See ya Terry, even though you're not actually leaving or anything...just resigning from modding...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

jumpguy wrote: »
    Jaysus, suprised by how some people have replied to Terry's opening post. It's hardly scathing criticism. He didn't even swear once, not even one bit of abuse. Infact, I'd be inclined to agree with it, and it raises good points. Modding in AH is all over the place atm, it appears as if some are taking feedback into account and others not so much. AH modding needs a serious overhaul. Anyway, this isn't the time or place.

See ya Terry, even though you're not actually leaving or anything...just resigning from modding...
    Dude gets it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Terry wrote: »
    Dude gets it.

And it only took 356 posts.

AH's smarts has gone to the dogs really!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement