Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fare thee well.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

What's all this about AH being crap lately, only about one out of every hundred threads was ever worth reading. That hasn't changed lately as far as I can see.
    Good point ,it aint easy being cheesy .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Really sorry to hear you decided to go Terry. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

*faps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

laters. do my tiles will ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Kiera wrote: »
    Awww... boohoo "i got a ban" and i hate the mod for it.

Did you ever hear the phrase "if you've nothing nice to say, STFU"?

And did you ever think that it is good for all users, and the website itself in terms of numbers, if a forum is moderated in a fair and equal manner?

I've contemplated getting off boards.ie altogether on occasion. It really is a joke when a mod bans someone just because of the mood they're in at the time/cause they're drunk, when the person being banned didn't deserve it in the first place.

Why would people want to join a forum that condones that shit?

But my biggest problem with Terry, was that sometimes he banned people JUST BECAUSE THEY DISAGREED WITH HIS VIEWPOINT! NOT BECAUSE THEY BROKE ANY RULES!!

I appreciate that it's a tough role and he put in a lot of hours etc, but I'm glad to see him go.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

OMG NO WAY!

FIRST ORESTES LEAVES AND NOW THIS! HOW WILL WE COPE!?

still mod of wrestling though which is good to see as at least one hand will remain firmly in that circle / clusterfuk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

orestes left?! I missed this! link?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

You actually leaving this time or will you be back in, if possible, an even worse state of permanently bad mood than after your last comeback?

Tbh good call you did recently ban a few people for no apparent reason or that you didn't like them and I'm not about to jump on the "ah it was a laugh" bandwagon over that. It was utter bull****. But still you were a gas mod most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I call for more of the 'mods' to resign!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

zuroph wrote: »
    orestes left?! I missed this! link?

I KNOW! its mad!
    its like dharfive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was so sad when sxcgal88624 left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth

There, I'm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

EDIT- Apologies Terry- bit too far there.

Blame that one on an angry drunk mood after the Ireland game.

I thought that was out of line for you, was just about to call you a **** for it till I scrolled down if i am honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm actually heartbroken. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

It took you 19000 posts to figure that out? gluck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Never really got you man, you're a difficult guy to handle in arguments, but it's plain to see how much you're highly regarded on here. I'm saddened for the people who are going to miss you. Just in case that sentence is misconstrued, I meant that in the nice way. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I gotta be honest, this really means nothing to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Yeah goodbye.

The longest farewell in history.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Yeah goodbye.

The longest farewell in history.

Post again in this thread and I will ban you.

On what basis? This is the sort of crap I was talking about.

He hasn't broken any rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's called thread spoiling and being a dick.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_guidelines#faq_bie_faq_guidelines_civil
    Be Civil (Don't be a dick)

The internet is full of anonymous keyboard warriors being rude to each other. We don’t want that here. We're not saying you have to be super-nice to everyone and sign each post with a little heart, but we DO require that you are at least CIVIL to the humans on the other end of this intertube. Everyone is tired of the muppets online and if you feel you must be a dick to others, you aren’t welcome here.

kraggy wrote: »
    On what basis? This is the sort of crap I was talking about.

He hasn't broken any rules.

There is more in heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Or something like that. Can't remember the exact quote.
    Basically means I see more things than you do buddy cos I get to see the previous deleted posts in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

There is some grumpy old men posters around

Tomorrow is Friday and it's the weekend :D

*group hug*

@Thaeydal: He wasn't the only one who expressed being content that Terry is no longer AH mod.

What about all the times Terry was a dick to users in the past?

@ Dr Bollocko: what has previous posts got to do with this? Are you talking about previous posts by the user you threatened to ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

"are"

@Thaeydal: He wasn't the only one who expressed being content that Terry is no longer AH mod.

What about all the times Terry was a dick to users in the past?

@ Dr Bollocko: what has previous posts got to do with this? Are you talking about previous posts by the user you threatened to ban?

Yes in fact I am. On this thread. I am sure the poster in question knows what I am referring to.

That notwithstanding this might be best dealt with in a PM conversation if you want to ask me for more clarification.
    This is already one messed up farewell thread and not one I want to see from any former moderator of AH moving on. It's depressing. I was away for a few days until this morning. Log in this AM and terry's left (not all of us hated him. Many of us think he was the heart and soul of this place) and all the posters think all the moderators are loons so I have to try and figure out what the hell happened and where we go from here.

@Bob_Harris (Nice trick that) If you can post in this thread without making another dig please feel free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If people weren't happy with the modding, they've got the best result they could hope for. Not sure there's any additional need for using a farewell thread to put the boot in

I had a previous post removed for no real reason. I think I said something along the lines of:
    Bob_harris wrote:
    I though you were leaving? :pac:
    Pretty harmless you'd have to admit, compared to much of the things posted on here.

Just seems weird to me that you have a fair-well thread, but stick around and continue to post in it, no doubt to lap up the online kudos and bask in the warmth of the arse-licking the guy gets from a lot of people on here.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    It's called thread spoiling and being a dick.

Sounds like personal abuse. I though you guys didn't take kindly to that. Just another example unbalanced and poor modding.

Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Post.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

• Advertisement

PS. If you're going to have a fair-well thread, do it with a bit of class like Watty did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement