Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fare thee well.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

stovelid wrote: »
    If people weren't happy with the modding, they've got the best result they could hope for. Not sure there's any additional need for using a farewell thread to put the boot in

Its the internet.

Its easy to be an asshole behind a keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

stovelid wrote: »
    If people weren't happy with the modding, they've got the best result they could hope for. Not sure there's any additional need for using a farewell thread to put the boot in

I for one say fair play to Terry, I'd literally hate to be an AH mod and anyone deserves a nice goodbye.

But tbh this thread was closed and deleted by other mods (by Terry's own submission), in that case what was he/any of us really expecting from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I can't be arsed reading this thread.

It's a real shame Terry's going/gone. First Hagar, then Javaboy, now him. If Dr.B goes this forum's going to go to shit

Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Dr. B is right. I thought Terry was a alright guy, And an alright Mod. And perhaps this was because I was never on the recieving of one of his ban hammer. But after so long, its to be expected that a place like AH will take its toll. So perhaps it is for the best that he steps down. But he ain't gone completly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hope the Confey offie doesn't close down now:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

brummytom wrote: »

It's a real shame Terry's going/gone. First Hagar, then Javaboy, now him. If Dr.B goes this forum's going to go to shit

Shame.

We still have good mods. And posters make this place what it is and not the mods. We're going to have to look long and hard on the last 24 hours and realise that in fact the real problem here is that we were fucking robbed and this is just a forum on the internet. As to why this is still open, I dunno. If Terry wants to leave like this then so be it. It's an unfortunate turn of events all told.
    @Bob Harris: I'm not bothered wasting the mouse clicks pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

brummytom wrote: »

Shame.

Bit bloody late. It was ruined a long time ago by people not being able to take a joke, people being total tits and crap over-moderation

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, just collectively everyone in AH seems to be in a bad mood when starting a thread, or someone turns everything into an argument after 20 posts. It's bullshít.

sdonn wrote: »
    Bit bloody late. It was ruined a long time ago by people not being able to take a joke, people being total tits and crap over-moderation

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, just collectively everyone in AH seems to be in a bad mood when starting a thread, or someone turns everything into an argument after 20 posts. It's bullshít.

Plenty more fish in the sea.
    It's always darkest before the dawn.
    It happens every man some times.
    I think Terry was an excellent mod and I am sorry to see him go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Maybe we should bring back yore ma?

...it was a simpler time....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

sdonn wrote: »

Not just this, but the forum is all about thanks-whoring. While this is good in a way, (some) threads are light-hearted and fun, sometimes even a semi-serious thread would be nice. I know this has been brought up in Feedback, but there isn't a whole lot that can be done, it's just the way the entire forum has ended up.

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    Not just this, but the forum is all about thanks-whoring. While this is good in a way, (some) threads are light-hearted and fun, sometimes even a semi-serious thread would be nice. I know this has been brought up in Feedback, but there isn't a whole lot that can be done, it's just the way the entire forum has ended up.

I'd urge everyone to thank this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You could cut the tension with a knife..
    ...like this diamond coated tungsten blade cleaver!
    IT CUTS THROUGH TIN!!!
    order now and recieve this stylish knife stand.. a life-like scale model of Thierry Henry's hand!

/Billy Mays' Ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

segaBOY wrote: »
    I'd urge everyone to thank this post.

Har har.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Goodbye Terry.
    You've been taking unnecessary shit for far too long, enjoy the retirement.
    Oh, and thanks!

Jay P wrote: »

I think you're ignoring all of the serious threads that we actually have on AH all of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Who the fcuk is Terry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Who the fcuk is Terry?

Ask Alice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Bah. Bai Terry, it was always fun watching you in action.

I think you're ignoring all of the serious threads that we actually have on AH all of the time.

With respect Dr. B but do you have a source for that claim?

That's what ruins the whole bloody thing. Any bit of debate is plagued by source-whoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

We still have good mods. And posters make this place what it is and not the mods. We're going to have to look long and hard on the last 24 hours and realise that in fact the real problem here is that we were fucking robbed and this is just a forum on the internet. As to why this is still open, I dunno. If Terry wants to leave like this then so be it. It's an unfortunate turn of events all told.
    @Bob Harris: I'm not bothered wasting the mouse clicks pal.

Yeah there are good mods but the majority of them are thin-skinned prissy-pants who've just finished reading the Dork's Guide to Infracting the Politically-Incorrect from cover to cover.

It could be 'fun' if:
    a) The number of mods was halved
    b) The godawful thanks system was removed - this a help forum, why does anyone need to get thanked?

or

Rename it 'Letters to The Editor'.

• Advertisement

segaBOY wrote: »
    With respect Dr. B but do you have a source for that claim?

That's what ruins the whole bloody thing. Any bit of debate is plagued by source-whoring.

My source is made by Hellmanns. I have seen it. With Mai Own ayes.

My source is made by Hellmanns. I have seen it. With Mai Own ayes.

Damn, that actually made me chuckle :mad:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

G'luck Terry. Didn't have much dealings with you, but wouldn't envy the job you did around here. The ban hammer wasn't used enough, in my opinion. AH has gone down hill lately, and your job wasn't made any easier by the crying whining posters. Hang around as a rereg, you were amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Well, now that he's gone.

Who's Next new AH mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bob_Harris I am not a mod of this forum, I can be infracted and bannd by the AH mods if my behaviour warrents it. Actually Have been twice before.

There is a difference in saying
    "You are a Dick" and "you are being a Dick"

I duno, posters these days dont' know what personal abuse is any more,
    it's not like the old days mind where I could explain to then by saying "well it's not like I told you to go suck my cock". /sigh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Who's Next new AH mod?

my money is on pikachuface or whatever that ones name is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Why is everybody going on like he's leaving the site, he's only given up his status as moderator on a single forum, he still has the account.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Who's Next new AH mod?

I vote for Degsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Jazzy wrote: »
    my money is on pikachuface or whatever that ones name is

Nah, she'll never get it. They have a quota of one female, one tranny and one stripper.

Tar is the tranny.
    SS is the female.
    Terry was the Stripper.

Bock is taking over the role o Stripper.

So they need someone else.

Someone like.........me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Yeah we've still got some good mods (TheZohan, in particular, has been doing a great job; and I think Frada handled last night well). Most of the others don't seem to be around much any more.
    But Java and yourself are/were great mods (and I really do mean that genuinely) - firm but fair. Hagar was the same, though his modship was short. And Terry. Well Terry was a 'character' :pac:

It's a shame everything that happened last night (I feel partly responsible, as I started the first thread); I get the feeling that was the straw that broke the camel's back for Terry.. as I say, it's a shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement