Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fare thee well.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well, now that he's gone.

Who's Next new AH mod?
    I think we should make everyone in AH a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Terry is still a mod, just no longer a mod of this forum and still on the site, thank the gods.
    I am going to wait a respectable length of time form when he was demodded ( ie 24 hrs )
    and then start the book on how long before he gets banned form AH will start and who will do it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

phasers wrote: »
    I think we should make everyone in AH a mod

Is everyone in AH not already a mod?

Also, good luck Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Takk wrote: »
    Is everyone in AH not already a mod?

Also, good luck Terry.
    You're not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I vote for Thaedydal to be next AH mod. If anyone stepped out of line she could just bite off their head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

phasers wrote: »
    You're not.

Yet. I hear there's an opening.

Also, don't know if you thought that was a dig at anyone. Honestly wasn't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Terry is still a mod, just no longer a mod of this forum and still on the site, thank the gods.
    I am going to wait a respectable length of time form when he was demodded ( ie 24 hrs )
    and then start the book on how long before he gets banned form AH will start and who will do it. :D
    Thats too bloody easy ;)

I vote for Thaedydal to be next AH mod. If anyone stepped out of line she could just bite off their head.

Nice try, I am NEVER putting your head in my mouth.

I had offered to swap with Terry AH for PI a few time for shíts and giggles but he kept turning me down.
    I think he was worried he'd get stuck with it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well, now that he's gone.

Who's Next new AH mod?
    I vote Terry to come out of retirement in a blaze of intoxicated glory

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

On momentous occasions the Flutt would like to pay a little "poetic " tribute.
    Ode to Terry
    He started off as Julep
    And he ruled with iron fist
    He cut a swathe through muppets
    He often posted pissed
    His highpoint was in Dublin 1
    When he dropped the fcuking scuts
    And posted up impressive cock
    And a sagging sack of nuts
    He swung the fcuking ban stick
    And he cracked a lot of heads
    He'd ban your ass for sweet fcuk all
    And for starting Toilet Threads
    The midnight thread that we often read
    And a banning sharp and quick
    The swift put down of a clueless clown
    And dispatch of a trolling prick
    So Terence ,thank you for your work
    Your modding will be missed
    Get your order in from the Confey off.
    And get nice and fcuking pissed.

Rgds

FB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

On momentous occasions the Flutt would like to pay a little "poetic " tribute.
    Ode to Terry
    He started off as Julep
    And he ruled with iron fist
    He cut a swathe through muppets
    He often posted pissed
    His highpoint was in Dublin 1
    When he dropped the fcuking scuts
    And posted up impressive cock
    And a sagging sack of nuts
    He swung the fcuking ban stick
    And he cracked a lot of heads
    He'd ban your ass for sweet fcuk all
    And for starting Toilet Threads
    The midnight thread that we often read
    And a banning sharp and quick
    The swift put down of a clueless clown
    And dispatch of a trolling prick
    So Terence ,thank you for your work
    Your modding will be missed
    Get your order in from the Confey off.
    And get nice and fcuking pissed.

Rgds

FB

Kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yup, I missed it, I guess it was one of those deleted threads. On the rest of the site the only threads deleted are for a genuine reason, p0rn etc. If someone asks for a mere post to be deleted, there is outrage, as the flow of the thread would be lost. Daft.
    Actually, it was hard deleted by an Admin.
    Mods only have the ability to soft delete threads and posts. This means that they can be restored.
    I can honestly say that, to the best of my memory, that I've only ever started one funny thread and it was that one.
    Irony, social commentary and comedy all rolled into one.
    Magnus wrote: »
    And so begins the reign of face kicker
    I was telling a non boardsie friend about him the other day. He cracked up laughing.

kraggy wrote: »
    And did you ever think that it is good for all users, and the website itself in terms of numbers, if a forum is moderated in a fair and equal manner?

I've contemplated getting off boards.ie altogether on occasion. It really is a joke when a mod bans someone just because of the mood they're in at the time/cause they're drunk, when the person being banned didn't deserve it in the first place.

Why would people want to join a forum that condones that shit?

But my biggest problem with Terry, was that sometimes he banned people JUST BECAUSE THEY DISAGREED WITH HIS VIEWPOINT! NOT BECAUSE THEY BROKE ANY RULES!!

I appreciate that it's a tough role and he put in a lot of hours etc, but I'm glad to see him go.

Just for the record, I never banned anyone because they disagreed with my viewpoint.
    I banned people for entirely legitimate reasons 99.9% of the time.
    The other .1% was for my own amusement and those bans were always lifted within five minutes.
    sdonn wrote: »
    You actually leaving this time or will you be back in, if possible, an even worse state of permanently bad mood than after your last comeback?
    Well, had I left without slating my former co-mods, I'd probably have a chance of coming back.
    I don't think I'll be allowed back after my opening post in this thread.
    Tbh good call you did recently ban a few people for no apparent reason or that you didn't like them and I'm not about to jump on the "ah it was a laugh" bandwagon over that. It was utter bull****. But still you were a gas mod most of the time.
    There were a couple of recent bans that could have been avoided. Unfortunately I allowed my frustration at the current state of AH to get in the way.
    That was one of the reason I decided to quit modding here.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Never really got you man, you're a difficult guy to handle in arguments, but it's plain to see how much you're highly regarded on here. I'm saddened for the people who are going to miss you. Just in case that sentence is misconstrued, I meant that in the nice way. :)
    I will admit that a lot of my stances on certain issues were motivated by my view on what is good for the site rather than my own personal feelings on those issues.
    I stand by all those posts though.
    Most controversial ones were made in my capacity as a moderator and not as a poster.

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    PS. If you're going to have a fair-well thread, do it with a bit of class like Watty did.
    I tried being classy once. I was bored after five minutes.

Hope the Confey offie doesn't close down now:cool:
    When that place opened, I said that it would be the death of me.
    I now drink twice as much as I did before it opened.

We still have good mods. And posters make this place what it is and not the mods. We're going to have to look long and hard on the last 24 hours and realise that in fact the real problem here is that we were fucking robbed and this is just a forum on the internet. As to why this is still open, I dunno. If Terry wants to leave like this then so be it. It's an unfortunate turn of events all told.
    @Bob Harris: I'm not bothered wasting the mouse clicks pal.
    Dr.B; I have no problem with negative posts towards me in this thread.
    I do understand that there are rules in place regarding personal abuse, and I am not asking for them to be dropped.
    However, I am open to criticism within those rules.
    Water off a duck's back.
    Why is everybody going on like he's leaving the site, he's only given up his status as moderator on a single forum, he still has the account.....
    What he said.
    I will still pay an occasional visit to AH.
    Like I said, I love this forum. I devoted about 3 years of my life to it and enjoyed myself for most of that time.

brummytom wrote: »
    Yeah we've still got some good mods (TheZohan, in particular, has been doing a great job; and I think Frada handled last night well). Most of the others don't seem to be around much any more.
    But Java and yourself are/were great mods (and I really do mean that genuinely) - firm but fair. Hagar was the same, though his modship was short. And Terry. Well Terry was a 'character' :pac:

It's a shame everything that happened last night (I feel partly responsible, as I started the first thread); I get the feeling that was the straw that broke the camel's back for Terry.. as I say, it's a shame.
    Actually, the very first thing I did when I logged in last night was hand in my resignation.
    Anything that happened after that was purely incidental.

As I said to the Admins and my former co-mods, this was a long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Can I get in on that?
    I won't have to cheat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Terry wrote: »
    Can I get in on that?
    Just call me a wanker and you're gonna kill me and you'll experience a ban ;)

I haz confuse?

Someone pm me a synopsis?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Someone like.........me.

gunning for the big promotion? word to the wise, make sure you are familiar with wrist exercises and injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I banned people for entirely legitimate reasons 99.9% of the time.
    The other .1% was for my own amusement and those bans were always lifted within five minutes.
    Try 2 days! I didnt even know you'd banned me until i logged on and got the message. To which you replied "oh yeah, forgot about that, hahaha" :mad:

Can I get in on that?

We might just be able to work something out.

Jazzy wrote: »
    gunning for the big promotion? word to the wise, make sure you are familiar with wrist exercises and injury

Keep up with the times Jazzy baby, there is now better mod structure then that, new mods are picked on the length of their tongues and have to start out giving rim jobs to those standing in the circle jerk which is aimed at the admins who work it into their skins and the cat mod get to be the ones wielding the whips to keep the rest in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iWillBeReborn

Are you leaving boards or just going to a new account like Hagar/Rev.Blue jeans and the rest?

:confused::pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Are you leaving boards or just going to a new account like Hagar/Rev.Blue jeans and the rest?

:confused::pac:

Yeah nothing worse than those re-reg accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Just read through 16 pages of a thread, and have no idea what's going on... :confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just read through 16 pages of a thread, and have o idea what's going on... :confused:
    Terry doesn't want to be AH mod any more, various emotions result

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Attention Whore....
    First Orestes now this..
    Whats with the ghey farewells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iWillBeReborn

Yeah nothing worse than those re-reg accounts.

Rev Blue Jeans is sound. So is Terry so I hope he hangs around. What ever the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Rev Blue Jeans is sound. So is Terry so I hope he hangs around. What ever the name.
    Worst. Re-reg. Name. EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

This is like fucking eastenders or something. All the bitching and slating is top class car crash entertainment. Never thought I'd see it on here. Fair play Terry, I really enjoyed that. It's a shame you burned your bridges entirely though.

Attention Whore....
    First Orestes now this..
    Whats with the ghey farewells?

Yes orestes quit of his own free will...
    anyone who says other wise is lying, honest.

This is nothing compared to Amp's fair well thread, now that was epic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cya round

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cya round

How did you get to be AH mod in the first place? Did you win a raffle or something?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Keep up with the times Jazzy baby, there is now better mod structure then that, new mods are picked on the length of their tongues and have to start out giving rim jobs to those standing in the circle jerk which is aimed at the admins who work it into their skins and the cat mod get to be the ones wielding the whips to keep the rest in time.

IN MY DAY we were happy with just a bit of wristy. look it ye now with yer "rimjobs" and whatnot.... ohh to be back in the 30s...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement