Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fare thee well.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ode to Terry
    Awesome flutt. :cool:
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    This is nothing compared to Amp's fair well thread, now that was epic.
    The thread was meh, what he did was epic :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

5starpool wrote: »
    How did you get to be AH mod in the first place? Did you win a raffle or something?

Surprisingly I used to do put in effort. Women things and work and poker and rolling in bOI shares and currently a masters ended that. I think I'm waiting to be demodded a year. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Surprisingly I used to do put in effort. Women things and work and poker and rolling in bOI shares and currently a masters ended that. I think I'm waiting to be demodded a year. :-D
    I thought you just took a step upstairs like the Cush

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

This is nothing compared to Amp's fair well thread, now that was epic.

Yeah, I remember that!! Terry is a legand and all, but Amp was an institution on boards!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Quazzie wrote: »
    I thought you just took a step upstairs like the Cush
    How'd he get that cushy gig?

Banning spammers off boards is the only perverse pleasure I have left...oh and banning friends that say 'oh, i've never been banned':pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Good luck tya Terry, it must be a tough job... occasionally amusing posts... evenhanded mod...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Are you leaving boards or just going to a new account like Hagar/Rev.Blue jeans and the rest?

:confused::pac:

I'm not Hagar, but I consider that a compliment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Yeah, I remember that!! Terry is a legand and all, but Amp was an institution on boards!!!

I don't remember it, what did Amp actually do?

The Biki is sparse enough with the dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I just looked at Amp's thread and I think steam came out of my ears as I tried to read it

:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055465233

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Rabies wrote: »
    Karoma has been merged with Monty

Prepare for HELL

Oh dear lord no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

"LONG LIVE JOHN TERRY!,
    Long Live John Terry!
    Long Live John Terry!
    Long Live John Terry!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Fare thee well gone away
    There's nothing left to say
    Farewell to New York City boys
    To Boston and PA
    He took them out
    With a well-aimed clout
    and they often heard him say
    I'm a free born man of the . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iWillBeReborn

I'm not Hagar, but I consider that a compliment :)

But you are like the rest of us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tjtmod

Yeah nothing worse than those re-reg accounts.

Ooh. They make me so angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Just call me a wanker and you're gonna kill me and you'll experience a ban ;)
    Before taking up modding AH , I was banned two or three times.
    I was very close to a site ban too.

I'm not proud of that, but it happened and I'm not going to try to whitewash the past.

See, what you do is you throw your toys out of the pram, make a really tactless thread and insult lots of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Terry wrote: »
    Before taking up modding AH , I was banned two or three times.
    I was very close to a site ban too.

I'm not proud of that, but it happened and I'm not going to try to whitewash the past.

I know how you feel, I have to tell people about my past heroin addiction too
    -wait a minute, it's just a site dude :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

My post was deleted so I'll say it again.

Good riddance. Never liked you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Bob_Harris I am not a mod of this forum, I can be infracted and bannd by the AH mods if my behaviour warrents it. Actually Have been twice before.

There is a difference in saying
    "You are a Dick" and "you are being a Dick"

I duno, posters these days dont' know what personal abuse is any more,
    it's not like the old days mind where I could explain to then by saying "well it's not like I told you to go suck my cock". /sigh

So I can tell people "stop being >insert insult here<" and it's fine?

That's the biggest load of bullsh!t I have ever heard...

What is the differance between the two? There is none, bot are the exact same. Stop will the rubbish talk already.
    I vote for Degsy.

GTFO... really.. :P

m83 wrote: »
    My post was deleted so I'll say it again.

Good riddance. Never liked you anyway.
    That's fair enough.
    You're entitled to your opinion.
    Ideally, I would have liked to have pleased all of the people all of the time, but that's impossible.
    Maybe you'll enjoy AH a bit more without me as a mod.

I have edited the OP to point out that I'm quite open to criticism in this thread. I have also left a message for the mods expressing this.

I'd prefer criticism be left alone rather than this being a circle jerk thread.

I know that I rubbed quite a lot of people up the wrong way and I don't see any point in pretending that it never happened.

I only ask that people not get into pointless arguements and make more work for the mods.

Should someone criticise me, then so be it.
    Should someone wish me well, then so be it.

There's no point in getting into arguements with others because they disagree with your opinion of me.
    Criticism and praise are equally welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Terry, bet you would have banned him if you were still a mod ;)

Nice one for taking the stick though, not many mods would have the e-balls :)

• Advertisement

Terry, bet you would have banned him if you were still a mod ;)

Nice one for taking the stick though, not many mods would have the e-balls :)
    Probably. :)

Terry wrote: »
    Probably. :)
    Hypocrits are us 2009 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

SEE U AT THE NEXT WWF MATE HAHAHAHEHEHEHE THAT WAS ME THE OTHER NIGHT WITH THE LONG SIDE BURNS TASH AND ALL THE KIDS HEHEHEHEHEHE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Not my fault you can't tell the difference between

You are an idiot.
    I think you are being an idiot.
    what you posted is idiotic.

Only one of the above is personal abuse.

SEE U AT THE NEXT WWF MATE HAHAHAHEHEHEHE THAT WAS ME THE OTHER NIGHT WITH THE LONG SIDE BURNS TASH AND ALL THE KIDS HEHEHEHEHEHE
    Ho-lee-shit, I always thought you were a girl....now I know...the shocking truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Enniscorthy, give those kids back :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

:eek:

Ok.

Giblet wrote: »
    :eek:
    Yep. I miss he little squares at the side and the modutils when you click on a username too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Truth be told you are one cold hearted SOB Terry but whilst you weren't always fair you were at least random. That to me makes it forgiveable. Pity to see you leave to be honest even though I disagreed with a lot of the stuff you did and did get banned by you before (i deserved btw).

Hope ya stick around and see can ya keep up the same level of randmoness as a poster.

PS I agree AH is gone to **** lately but don't think it's a mod issue. The people are the water the mods just try and steer the ship. Kinda hard when the waters thick with shït.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement