Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cup Round 6

Options
  • 19-11-2009 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I got another Div 3 team. Better in the aul CSR department, but, that doesn't reeeeeally scare me as much as it used to. Fingers crossed and I'll take it to him.
    How's everyone else doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Cheering from the outside :(

Good luck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I got a DIV II team in Round 6.

They are currently bottom of the league but they are far superior to my team.

I am at home which is the only positive to take from this.
    I am playing a bot this weekend, and next weekend also, so my only worry is that I might get some injuries to my team when I play WNWIM this Saturday. I haven't been able to field my first XV once this season so far, so fingers crossed I'll be able to do just that next Wednesday. Hopefully some of my players might recover some of their form which is just awful right now.

I'll be giving it one hell of a lash :D

COME ON THE FOOOOOKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked their squad, the props are both over 200cms and the lock is 210 !!!
    I better keep the ball in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Props over 200cm?! Hit 'em low and hard and punish their superior genetics!

I think it is the only place that I may have an edge is the scrums.

My props should destroy them even though his props are better players according to CSR. Both my props are 11 strength and 10 technique and are only 185ish high.

It is hard to figure out which way to approach this game.

His backs have an average of over 30,000 CSR and only missed 1 tackle between them in the last game.
    I can keep it tight but wont make much yardage that way as he plays a rush defense too.
    I cant kick to touch much as his big locks will eat me up.

Maybe I should just knock-on at every opportunity and try to drive his scrum all over the park !! :D

This is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Ouch. I wouldn't be overly excited to take on a div 2 team, so far I've found most Div 3 teams are better than my boys on paper so there's no way I'd like to kick it up a notch.

How do you know he plays a rush defense?

• Advertisement

How do you know he plays a rush defense?

I go through my oppositions fixtures play by play and determine what defense they use. It's not that difficult to tell.

I always figured you could do that alright. Guess it comes with a birra experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I have to admit, I stopped changing tactics/discipline last season. I only change intensity week-to-week.

After taking ages selecting my team and tactics, I completely forgot to ensure my subs were ok !

I should be alright so long as my hooker doesn't get a knock, his first replacement is a player with less than 1000CSR and only "2" in handling :eek:

Anyway, going to give this game a good go. I need him to play with no more than normal though as his team's CSR is a good 60% greater than mine.

Ah, looks like he is playing normal as I had hoped.
    This gives me somewhat of a chance.
    The pregame ratings has his team only 2stars better than mine in total.
    Just hope my tactics are right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Good luck guys

C'MON THE BOARDSIES!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Currently kicking off against a league I team and playing WNWIM so expecting a cricket score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Good luck guys

C'MON THE BOARDSIES!!

I agree - Good luck! Wish I was still in the cup with that revenue stream!

Stupid luck getting Div 2 team early! :mad:

I am not sure what happened there.

I was winning 12-3 with 20 mins to go, totally dominating the game.
    The preview gave me a higher star rating in stamina.
    I end up being smashed 31-12.

What is that about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

jprender wrote: »
    I am not sure what happened there.

I was winning 12-3 with 20 mins to go, totally dominating the game.
    The preview gave me a higher star rating in stamina.
    I end up being smashed 31-12.

What is that about ?

demand a stewards enquiry. check to see if the ref got any brown envelopes too.

demand a stewards enquiry. check to see if the ref got any brown envelopes too.

haha, maybe I should :D

No doubt he has the better team, and I feared that I would be hammered, but I am just wondering if that preview is a load of bullsh1t ?

The last 20 mins was comical really. :eek:

I think this "cross my fingers while the screen loads" trick is working!

Against a superior team again and kapow ... scrrrraped a win 21-22! Hurray! Have an even scarier club in the next round, but yet another div3 team so perhaps doable.

Advertisement