Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Match **DO NOT START OTHER MATCH THREADS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

i think its 52 competive starts in a row, unsure, sure whos counting? he was excellent last night, you can never knock his effort.
    he is a living legend.
    as dunphy said, kilbane is a sportman's sportman!
    I always knew Pighead was really Kevin Kilbane. Third person slip so to speak.
    :pac:
    Only smart people will get this

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2009-11-19-1590794493_x.htm

If French Gym teachers are saying it then how can anyone disagree?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Theres a vote on a french website as to whether france desrve to be in the world cup

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/

Click the second option starting with NON to say no.

Its the vote bit in the middle towards the bottom of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Only smart people will get this

I'm not smart and I got it :D

OutlawPete is humble ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Think il bookmark this thread for every time theres a Anti English post and somebody mentions there whining when they dont get a desision they wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭kevinkilbane

OutlawPete wrote: »
    What do you know what I'd do??? Many times I have called for video reffing and had I of seen something this obscene happen in a match before, then your Goddamn right I'd be calling for them to get a replay!"

Yes, you are!

o if you say im wrong, well then i must be!

stop going mad and getting angry with me, i didnt handle it nor was i the ref. all im saying is it OVER! get on with it!

we got to prepare for 2012 euros, lets make sure we get there. just because most of the irish fans want a replay, dont mean its gonna happen, so relax, next big game is aug/sept 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Henry has endorsements with Renault, Nike, Reebok, Pepsi and Gillette. I am going to boycott them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

stop going mad and getting angry with me, i didnt handle it nor was i the ref. all im saying is it OVER! get on with it!

we got to prepare for 2012 euros, lets make sure we get there. just because most of the irish fans want a replay, dont mean its gonna happen, so relax, next big game is aug/sept 2010.

Keeping quiet is the way forward alright. We'll see 'Fair Play' and common sense in soccer someday, I suppose..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Fifa can't wash their hands of this.
    They can, they will and France will travel to South Africa next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Henry has endorsements with Renault, Nike, Reebok, Pepsi and Gillette. I am going to boycott them all.

I'm going to start buying them. What did these companies and their employees do to deserve a boycott? Henry has made his money from them.

Mmm... can't beat that cool, refreshing Pepsi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Think il bookmark this thread for every time theres a Anti English post and somebody mentions there whining when they dont get a desision they wanted.

Yep - here's the last Maradona vs England thread in soccer, lots of sympathy for the losing team there, calls that it was a disgrace the game wasn't replayed and everything.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055227907

I'm not picking on Xavi, but his quote is indicative of what I really believe *most* Irish feel about this type of thing when the boot is on the other foot.
    What the hell is he saying sorry for? It's one of the greatest moments of all time. He tried something and it worked. Plus it was against England!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Come on! Our players and commentators don't constantly use the phrase 'twelfth man'. And this was an indisputably wrong decision and in any case should've been reviewed by the ref, whilst they'd be moaning about a free that didn't go their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Takk wrote: »
    I'm going to start buying them. What did these companies and their employees do to deserve a boycott? Henry has made his money from them.

Mmm... can't beat that cool, refreshing Pepsi!

Yawn. Enjoy it as it rots your teeth.

No, not cause I said it but actually because you said it ABOUT me and I think I should know what I would and wouldn't feel.

You said the following ..
    if this happened to any other team, or if we got through this way, you would say f*** them! am i wrong. no im not!!!!

Now as I wouldn't say that, and I pointed out the reasons in my reply, then you are indeed, on this occasion, 'wrong'.

I watch Dr Phil and your 'projecting' .. now stop :D

I didn't get "Mad" over your views on the match. I got 'irritated' as you suggested I'd feel something that I wouldn't if this happened to someone other team and also throwing around the "sore loser' remark didn't help.
    we got to prepare for 2012 euros, lets make sure we get there..

Are you serious? This JUST happened!

We won't be preparing for the Euros for yonks!

You remind me of the people that posted the day after Michael Jackson died and said "Enough already about Michael Jackson dying" .. some people hadn't even heard about his death yet. :p

pH wrote: »
    Yep - here's the last Maradona vs England thread in soccer, lots of sympathy for the losing team there, calls that it was a disgrace the game wasn't replayed and everything.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055227907

I'm not picking on Xavi, but his quote is indicative of what I really believe *most* Irish feel about this type of thing when the boot is on the other foot.

that wasnt a nice quote by xavi at all. ive heard alot of people say "the ref had a great game up until then"....
    well should the french had a peno,and maybe a red card for shay given????? just curious what people think. there is two sides to every arguement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

that wasnt a nice quote by xavi at all. ive heard alot of people say "the ref had a great game up until then"....
    well should the french had a peno,and maybe a red card for shay given????? just curious what people think. there is two sides to every arguement!

Anelka dived and should have received a yellow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Anelka dived and should have received a yellow card.

Robbie Keane missed a sitter, its football. Deal with it.

twitch1984 wrote: »
    Guys, I recommend you join either of the first two petitions on the first page of this thread with both reaching sizeable amounts. If you split into hundreds of tiny petitions the entire effort is doomed.

No, not cause I said it but actually because you said it ABOUT me and I think I should know what I would and wouldn't feel.

You said the following ..

Now as I wouldn't say that, and I pointed out the reasons in my reply, then you are indeed, on this occasion, 'wrong'.

I watch Dr Phil and your 'projecting' .. now stop :D

I didn't get "Mad" over your views on the match. I got 'irritated' as you suggested I'd feel something that I wouldn't if this happened to someone other team and also throwing around the "sore loser' remark didn't help.

Are you serious? This JUST happened!

We won't be preparing for the Euros for yonks!

You remind me of the people that posted the day after Michael Jackson died and said "Enough already about Michael Jackson dying" .. some people hadn't even heard about his death yet. :p

relax there! and clearly you are going a little 'Mad'!
    anyway. im sorry i irritated you.

yes this did just happen, BUT there is nothing you,i,fai,trap,keane,kilbane,given etc can do, its over, we are not going anywhere next summer! sad to say it, true though!

also, this will back fire in a few years, who knows, one of our players could do something like this. would you be supportive of the other team???? and by the looks of things, fifa wont do a thing, i wonder will the ref even get suspended?

• Advertisement

It's a petition, sometimes they work, deal with that!

http://www.gopetition.com/online/32214/sign.html#se

It's a petition, sometimes they work, deal with that!
    People please! Stop splitting up petitions! We have 2 on the main page, support either of them as they are the only ones with any REAL momentum. The more we divide, the easier we will fall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mossy2

I know how we could sort out the French after last night's carry on- why not start a petition to Supermacs etc. to start calling chips Free-Kick Fries.

relax there! and clearly you are going a little 'Mad'!

I'm not :mad: ......... :D
    anyway. im sorry i irritated you.

An apology on AH!! We should have you stuffed and mounted :D
    yes this did just happen, BUT there is nothing you,i,fai,trap,keane,kilbane,given etc can do, its over, we are not going anywhere next summer! sad to say it, true though!

Maybe, but what's wrong with trying? There has been replays and right now is the perfect time to embarrass FIFA as it's only a matter of time before we follow what's happening in Rugby.
    also, this will back fire in a few years, who knows, one of our players could do something like this. would you be supportive of the other team????

First of all, I don't think an Irish player would do that. Ball to hand? - yes .. and that would be football.

Ball to hand and then Hand to Ball to stop ball going out of play? Then I would be saying the same thing and reccomending that the country in question should appeal.

Heck, look at the Polls coming out of France. Even they are saying we should appeal.

People please! Stop splitting up petitions! We have 2 on the main page, support either of them as they are the only ones with any REAL momentum. The more we divide, the easier we will fall

Wasn't aware there was more than one .. post edited.

I think WE have dealt with that.

As far as I know there is no petition online for Robbie to get to take that shot again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

We should be emailing the french football federation now, asking them to agree to a rematch.The ball is in there court. Anyone know the contact email?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SarahChambers

:D

Ok like I don't know much about football at all, I think it is important that I preface what I am about to say with that. I think that the Irish are a disgrace, and conducted themselves terribly throughout this whole affair. Granted, Henry did handle the ball, but it is generally acknowledged that this was a reflex action, not one which he was consciously aware of, a point of view stated by both players and commentators. The amount of hate I have seen directed not only towards Henry himself, but the French public in general, has been an embarrassment as far as I am concerned. One needs to do nothing more than to log onto Facebook and look at some of the comments which are being left on Thierry Henry fan pages, not to mention the manifold anti-Henry pages which have sprouted up like some foul fungus in the time since the match. If this is how immature Ireland's attitude to sport is than we should abstain until we can think about it and contextualise it. Maybe then we could be a bit more rational in our response if this incident is to repeat itself at some juncture in the future. I don't mean to offend, a sentiment not shared by many others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Ireland are screwed again. Instead of seeding teams by their finish in the group ( we finished second, so we would be seeded in the second pot) UEFA have introduced a co-efficient system. http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...0_DOWNLOAD.pdf

This places Ireland 25th best team in Europe, putting us in what may be the 4th... pot next time out instead of the second pot like we should be.

Another screw job for the smaller nations by Platini and his cohorts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement