Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Match **DO NOT START OTHER MATCH THREADS**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

didnt robbie keane hand ball in the first half. If ireland went on to score from that im sure most of ye would applaud him.
    France would of won anyways. They're gonna go alot further than Ireland ever could imagine.
    Its done now. All we need now is people to stop crying about it. Tis well annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

seanybiker wrote: »
    France would of won anyways.

Don't think you were watching the same match..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

didnt robbie keane hand ball in the first half. If ireland went on to score from that im sure most of ye would applaud him.

I'm getting SICK of hearing lines like this.

Firstly, Robbie had an ACCIDENTAL (and almost semi-) handball; not a blatant double one.

Secondly, if any of our own cheated I'd call it as it was - a VERY hollow victory that involved a cheat.

And they were so convinced of this that their captain wasn't pathetically desperate enough to cheat and put his reputation on the line......oh, hang on.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

If ireland went on to score from that im sure most of ye would applaud him.
    I

Ah the "What if the shoe was on the other foot" argument. What if you're auntie had a bollox? She'd be you're uncle. So ****ing what. And France would have won anyways? Why did Ireland even bother playing to begin with so?

For what it's worth, I wouldn't applaud any player for cheating. Foreign or domestic. If the rules are optional, why play the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah the "What if the shoe was on the other foot" argument. What if you're auntie had a bollox? She'd be you're uncle. So ****ing what. And France would have won anyways? Why did Ireland even bother playing to begin with so?
    They think their good when in fact they are fairly crap and will never come close to how good top teams are. Wasting their own time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Em, What match was everyone watching? The one I was watching showed a brilliant Irish side playing against a very weak French side who had to resort to desperation to win. That is not a "Sure France would of won anyways" moment. Ireland played amazingly and france did not and that is why everyone is so outraged at the foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

France would of won anyways. They're gonna go alot further than Ireland ever could imagine.
    Its done now. All we need now is people to stop crying about it. Tis well annoying

Ireland outplayed them in their own backyard. So what are you basing "They're gonna go alot further than Ireland ever could imagine" on? They were very lucky to qualify in the end..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

They think their good when in fact they are crap and will never come close to how good top teams are. Wasting their own time.

LMAO!!! They were FAR better than the cheat that is supposedly a "World Class Footballer"

As for wasting time, it's Henry and FIFA that wasted the fans' time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

They think their good when in fact they are fairly crap and will never come close to how good top teams are. Wasting their own time.

Look, somebody has to lose. It's sport. You take the bad with the good. God knows Ireland lose often enough without being shafted like this. If you don't think Ireland should play because they might lose, then you just don't understand competitive sport.

That is the most disrespectful and disgraceful comment I have ever read about our team. You must be either trolling or if not then I just have no words to describe you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Hitler is not too happy about it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

On bbc2 newsnight now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

fryup wrote: »

lol at Andy Reid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Could the FAI sue the bollix outta FIFA over this, pocket a few million?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Collie D wrote: »
    lol at Andy Reid

+1. Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

fryup wrote: »

This is the best enforcement of Godwin's Law of all time =)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's being covered on Vincent Browne at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dara O'Briain talking about it on Newsnight

jesus, not good

"lets just do penalties, sure dats where we were headed for anyway" :rolleyes:

It'll become too diluted in idiocy to be taken seriously, at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Feck the replay. The chance is gone.

But, hopefully this is something that can kick-start change and in that regards i'm delighted the FAI are kicking up a fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

not me, i'm mature and will not alter my life because of a gang of overpaid sissies chasing a ball around a field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Old news
    Several posters posted this last night

But I won't be dealing with them again more out of their ripoff prices for razors

Anyway, Roger Federer also promotes Gillette and he's the greatest sportsman alive imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

i wont either because it is both retarded and pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I wonder what will happen if Henry was kicked of the Gillette sponsership?

Hmm, he'll probably have to sell everything he owns to have a bit of money because his Barcelona wages won't be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

who's that fella in the picture? looks like a lighter skinned version of the taxi driver i had last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

anyone that stops buy Gillette products because of what happened is just silly..

Wasnt Gillettes fault we lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'm going to buy a Gillette razor just to spite that rag of a paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    LMAO!!! They were FAR better than the cheat that is supposedly a "World Class Footballer"

As for wasting time, it's Henry and FIFA that wasted the fans' time....

no supposedly about it, ireland didnt have a player on the pitch last night with a quarter of his ability. such a stupid post, try and not let anger cloud your judgment in future

• Advertisement

I can't understand why anyone would boycott gillette of all things. Adidas also sponsor him, why was Gillette(Nothing whatsoever to do with sport) singled out.

Why boycott any of his sponsors anyway?? Its not as if he will be affected to a substantial degree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement