Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Match **DO NOT START OTHER MATCH THREADS**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Lads first furoe into this debate, everybody i have talked to here in Aus is all angry about the result, it just goes to show that FIFA looks after nothing but the big countries when they wont give us a replay, :mad: never again will i watch soccer, FIFA can go take a hike because i cant express my outage about this, of course the same thing happened to Aus in the 2006 world cup against Italy when Italy were awarded a penalty, fifa only like the big countries so screw them and there world cup:mad::mad::mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Just looking at the Euro 2012 seedings.

Wonder what the odds on us landing the French are?

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 lilywhites1982

Hi Guys,

Did yal see the interview with Roy Keane about the handball incident. The man is crazy, he even takes a swipe at the journalist for not putting his phone on silent.

http://bettingnews.boylesports.com/football/world-cup-qualifiers/roy-keane-says-get-over-it.php

So if you were that journalist what would your reply have been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Fey! wrote: »
    Maybe we should support France; if they win the World Cup, we can then say the only reason that the new world champions won the World Cup was through bad refereeing and an obvious professional foul against Ireland, ergo Ireland are the true champions of the world!!! :D

They'd have to beat the Netherlands first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Greyfox

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Never rated him as a player, or a man. A nothing Manager as well.

Tell you what Roy. You worry about keeping Ipswich up, without throwing your toys out of the pram as you always end up doing, and fcuk off and keep your snide opinions to yourself. You didn't give a toss about Ireland when we needed you the most so why the hell should we give a toss about a thing you say now?

There's a good man.

I don't agree with his opinion on this but he's the best player Ireland have ever produced, and he never let his country down! He's also one of the 5 best players to ever play for ManU and quite rightly still regerded as a God by a lot of Irish people. All this means his opinion matters to Irish people, that's just the way it is, get over it! The fact that you never rated his as a man is an opinion your entitled to have but the fact that you didn't rate him as a player tells me you don't know much about football!

Yes Henry is a cheat and I'm gutted for the Irish players but it's Fifa that are to blame, but we all know Fifa don't care about the small countries, the rules to allow video replays should of been brought in years ago! It's a total disgrace to football that this has happened but sadly nothing is going to change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Hi Guys,

Did yal see the interview with Roy Keane about the handball incident. The man is crazy, he even takes a swipe at the journalist for not putting his phone on silent.

http://bettingnews.boylesports.com/football/world-cup-qualifiers/roy-keane-says-get-over-it.php

Shut up roy, you moany, unprofessional, hissy-fit-throwing b1tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Hi Guys,

Probably, "take it to The Match thread, Roy."

Edit: And then it was.

Hi Guys,

If I had been a Journalist I would have asked Roy..

'Roy, you are telling the Irish to get over the incident on Wednesday night, but in the same breath are castigating John Delaney and the FAI for an incident that took place to you almost 8 years ago. Given this, don't you think your advice to the Irish team to 'get over it' is a contradiction in terms and that you are being hypocritical?'

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Takk wrote: »
    Probably, "take it to The Match thread, Roy."

Edit: And then it was.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Royston likes to tell it as it is.

The Dooobs don't like that approach.

They like to whinge that they can't max out the Masters on a trip to ZA and hence turn on the messenger.

Get over it and get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Protest march being arranged tomorrow apparently from Lansdowne road to the french embassy!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Petition-to-have-IRELAND-Vs-FRANCE-REPLAYED/180940979795?ref=nf

sugarman wrote: »
    Something along the lines of "Sorry Roy, do you want me to get up and leave? or do you want to walk away since your so good at?"

Lol...would LOVE to see Keane's face if that was said.

:D

Get over it and get on with it.

Just like Roy has about Saipan?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hi Guys,

Another twat.

Just bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Keane is absolutely right, even if it is a bit rich of him to talk about not bringing up the past and then witht he next breath brings up Saipan.

Delaney is a goon though.

No Delaney is not a goon, the goons are the ones who went before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

whycliff wrote: »
    Protest march being arranged tomorrow apparently from Lansdowne road to the french embassy!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Petition-to-have-IRELAND-Vs-FRANCE-REPLAYED/180940979795?ref=nf

That new army riot gear will come in handy :pac:

Its gonna absolutely piss down at 2pm on Saturday btw according to the weather.

The government should be worried about the practice the Irish people are getting at organising this via facebook etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Greyfox wrote: »
    I don't agree with his opinion on this but he's the best player Ireland have ever produced, and he never let his country down!

He let this country down every time he let his own pride and ego override the best interests of the team, the country, himself, sportsmanship etc. Which he did many times while playing for different teams. Decent footballer. Total muppet. Any little bit of respect I had for him is gone as of today.

Greyfox wrote: »
    I don't agree with his opinion on this but he's the best player Ireland have ever produced, and he never let his country down! He's also one of the 5 best players to ever play for ManU and quite rightly still regerded as a God by a lot of Irish people. All this means his opinion matters to Irish people, that's just the way it is, get over it! The fact that you never rated his as a man is an opinion your entitled to have but the fact that you didn't rate him as a player tells me you don't know much about football!

He let the team down in Saipan. Ego ahead of country. I don't care about what Man U fans think. Liam Brady is still revered in Turin for his skill and professionalism. So what? We're talking about Ireland here and the fact that this cretin (Keane) feels the need to stick the knife in.

I know enough about football to place Paul McGrath, John Giles, Liam Brady (who I remember seeing play for Ireland and Juventus) ahead of Keane in terms of best players Ireland has produced. The Keane 'Myth' stems from Turin in 1999. Fine he had an outstanding game. Same in 2001 against Holland. But the Keane 'Myth' has us believe he 'single-handedly' got us to the World Cup then which is patently not true.

McGrath's performance for Ireland against Italy in New York in 1994 eclipses both of Keane's performances. He marked Baggio and Signori out of the game even though he was injured and was an absolute colossus. Baggio, the best player in the world at the time.

Keane is entitled to an opinion, but when it so crassly put, so dripping in bile and highly hypocritical (telling the Irish to 'get over' the result when he wails about the FAI and Saipan 8 years ago!) it shows him up for the bitter little man he is.

And judging from people's reaction to his infantile rant, Keane won't be a 'God', to an ever dwindling percentage of Irish btw, for much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

whycliff wrote: »

Wow, just when I thought this couldn't get any better. :D A march would be a bit on the poor loser side of things.

• Advertisement

He let the team down in Saipan. Ego ahead of country. I don't care about what Man U fans think. Liam Brady is still revered in Turin for his skill and professionalism. So what? We're talking about Ireland here and the fact that this cretin (Keane) feels the need to stick the knife in.

I know enough about football to place Paul McGrath, John Giles, Liam Brady (who I remember seeing play for Ireland and Juventus) ahead of Keane in terms of best players Ireland has produced. The Keane 'Myth' stems from Turin in 1999. Fine he had an outstanding game. Same in 2001 against Holland. But the Keane 'Myth' has us believe he 'single-handedly' got us to the World Cup then which is patently not true.

McGrath's performance for Ireland against Italy in New York in 1994 eclipses both of Keane's performances. He marked Baggio and Signori out of the game even though he was injured and was an absolute colossus. Baggio, the best player in the world at the time.

Keane is entitled to an opinion, but when it so crassly put, so dripping in bile and highly hypocritical (telling the Irish to 'get over' the result when he wails about the FAI and Saipan 8 years ago!) it shows him up for the bitter little man he is.

And judging from people's reaction to his infantile rant, Keane won't be a 'God', to an ever dwindling percentage of Irish btw, for much longer

Location tells one all one needs to know:rolleyes:

Location tells one all one needs to know:rolleyes:

Oh..the Cork v Dublin thing? :rolleyes:

Grow up.

It's got f'all to do with it. On RTE today there were a lot of Cork people giving out about Keane and this interview. He could simply have said a few words, a ala Trap, and that would be it.

Instead he goes off on a rant.

It was childish.

Keane may have been a leader on the pitch, but the best footballer to come out of Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ScumLord wrote: »
    Wow, just when I thought this couldn't get any better. :D A march would be a bit on the poor loser side of things.

F**k the 'poor loser' label. I'd support declaring war over this.

Next summer is ruined!!! Another damn World Cup summer watching everyone else play footie in the sun. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Noelieboats

Angry Irish fan petition time You know you wanna. No more Gillette razors while the cheat remains. Grow a beard for Ireland!! Cousin It always got chicks!

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/boycott-gillette-razors.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

It's actually insane how fast that facebook page has grown, at least 15 new members every 5 seconds!!! 250,000 now! People Power!!
    Pretty amazing!

Might as well ahead along to the march tomorrow for the craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Noelieboats

Thats my thinking with the petition single voices can get very loud when they're in unison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Cheer up Roy!! Try smiling sometime..Why does he have be so aggressive all the time? You can really see where it all went wrong at Sunderland alright. The phone went off, big deal. The worst performing manager in the top four leagues in England uses the Henry incident to take another swipe at Delaney. Christ man, you were the one who said you're sick of people bringing up the Saipan affair, and here's Roy off on about it again... Great player, a very sad and sour individual though. No time for the guy anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Hi Guys,

That fella is seriously losing it and there he is saying they shouldn't let the ball bounce in the box from a manager who's team is nearly the worst in the English Leagues.
    Get off your Horse Roy!

If he was probably playing, he'd probably do what he always does when something doesn't go his way and walk off, shouting "IT'S MY BALL AND I'M GOING HOME"

With regards this whole Malarkey maybe it is time to move on, but hopefully out of Ireland's misfortunes the football world will change as a result and not allow another team experience the same again.

Two more officials will do FIFA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Tut..tut. Poor Roy.....still bitter after all these years.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Nigel Farage

Mr Roy Keane is right. All you micks need to show a stiff upper lip and move on. The French football team will grace the World Cup stage with much needed skill and poise. You boys did well on Wednesday night but now is the time to move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement