Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Match **DO NOT START OTHER MATCH THREADS**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Greyfox wrote: »
    Because your venting is falling on deaf ears

How do you know it's falling on deaf ears?

How do you know that in the corridors of FIFA all this venting isn't going to make sure such massive games never succumb to such an injustice again?

For all you know this pressure could lead to International soccer finally having Video Replay decisions? They are already in the pipeline at FIFA and this could bring it to the fore.

If anyone's voice is falling on deaf ears it is yours and the voices of people like you that say "Get over it" and people are clearly not listening to you.

Piste wrote: »
    Yawn. I'm so over this match stuff. I have Thierry Ennui.

a high-brow pun. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I see Henry's Twitter page has ''been suspended due to strange activity''...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Jello wrote: »
    I see Henry's Twitter page has ''been suspended due to strange activity''...

How ironic would it be if he couldn't "handle" the criticism ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Ireland wont get a replay so lets forget this ever happened.

FIFA are cnuts and France are equally as bad so lets move on chaps.

• Advertisement

Ireland wont get a replay so lets forget this ever happened.

FIFA are cnuts and France are equally as bad so lets move on chaps.

cracking up .. can't take another .. please stop .. someone else please ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

There's full back page coverage in the English tabloids again tomorrow. It's not just us Irish that aren't "moving on". It's still a big story in world soccer and people are calling for big changes in the game now. I'd be surprised if this doesn't lead to something actually happening - video evidence, extra man behind the goal etc. Any chance of a replay are long gone, but at least this could lead to something positive..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,168 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

<Ollie> wrote: »
    There's full back page coverage in the English tabloids again tomorrow. It's not just us Irish that aren't "moving on". It's still a big story in world soccer and people are calling for big changes in the game now. I'd be surprised if this doesn't lead to something actually happening - video evidence, extra man behind the goal etc. Any chance of a replay are long gone, but at least this could lead to something positive..

totally agree with you.

Was at the game myself on Wednesday so proud of team.

Look no point in being cry babies about this we were robbed no question.

But maybe, just maybe this result will bring about a major say in how officials are handled in the game and also use of technology.

Ireland will come out stronger from this too I have no question about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

all it will lead to is FIFA whores like sepp blatter saying after the wc draw "we are entering a new era of world soccer, an exciting time for new nations and people to gather for the showcase in sa, let it begin"

que to applause from retards in the audience.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BurningMoney

I see Henry has now called for a replay. How convenient that he waits until FIFA have come out with a statement saying categorically that there will be no replay. If he really wanted a replay he woulda said it before FIFA made their ruling as he knew well that once they've ruled there would be zero chance of a one.

I think his calls for a replay now, when he knows there is absolutely no chance of one, make him an even bigger scumbag. He is an utter scumbag. He's taking his life in his hands if he ever sets foot in Ireland again. I'd say he'd have a better chance of survival walking through baghdad than walking through temple bar after what he's done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

There's full back page coverage in the English tabloids again tomorrow. It's not just us Irish that aren't "moving on". It's still a big story in world soccer and people are calling for big changes in the game now.

Alternatively it could simply be that the British tabloids cannot resist a dig at the "Europeans", particularly the French; today this is the vehicle to engage in eurosceptic rabble rousing. A temporary marriage of convenience, in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I think his calls for a replay now, when he knows there is absolutely no chance of one, make him an even bigger scumbag. He is an utter scumbag. He's taking his life in his hands if he ever sets foot in Ireland again. I'd say he'd have a better chance of survival walking through baghdad than walking through temple bar after what he's done.

Now this is OTT. Seriously. Saying he's a scumbag and an utter scumbag.

Yes, he handled the ball.
    Yes, he admitted it.
    Yes, it is cheating.
    Yes, it was annoying when he came out after FIFA had said there would be no replay.

It was and still is devastating for a lot of people in this country but saying things like
    he'd have a better chance of survival walking through baghdad than walking through temple bar after what he's done

is beyond foolish.

A lot of people seem to overlook our performance as a whole and go straight to the "thief" as some people are calling him.

We played brilliantly yes but we didn't take our chances to kill the game off in the 90 minutes.

You and other people need to quit the BS when it comes to an individual person.

Did we Irish criticise Robbie Keane when we were given a soft penalty against Geogia? No

Did we turn on him and call him a cheat? No

Did we set up stupid Facebook groups online and call for his head? No

There's two sides to every coin and people are very quick to forget about other things that went in our favour very very cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Can we close all these match threads please?

Voltwad wrote: »
    Can we close all these match threads please?

There's only one on AH, what's the problem?

Is your Browser stuck or something? Can you not go and look at other threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Maybe its the wrong account but

http://twitter.com/Thierry_Henry

Seems to have been suspended.

It this a fake thierry henry one or is it twitter suspending it because hes a cheating f**k?

Id been following this for a few days before the match and it seemed legit enough that it as henrys one... it also had tons of followers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

OutlawPete wrote: »
    There's only one on AH, what's the problem?

Is your Browser stuck or something? Can you not go and look at other threads?
    Agreed. Am I the only one who gets peeved at folk requesting that threads be closed! :mad: If a thread interests you not then there is a blindingly obvious course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah this is why I love football, racism and whining. Seriously I bet if world war 3 broke out in the morning it wouldn't garner half as much attention as all this ranting.
    There's not going to any rematch no-matter how many people sign petitions or storm the French embassy or whatever ridiculous schemes people are concocting. It was unfair, it was unjust but at the end of the day it's only a bloody game. Relax lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

That's where you are wrong. Cheating does not exist in football. There are rules against fouling, diving, handling balls, pulling jerseys etc & there are punishments that are there to enforce the breaking of rules, presuming the breaking of the rules are spotted or recognised by the match officials. That's football. If you don't understand that, you don't understand football, baby.

Ok, it may not be called "cheating" in the rule book, but the suposed beautiful game is a nonsense and is full of it.
    This is just one of the very blatant incidents of it in a very high profile match.

We have Italian soccer twice in 30 years mired in match rigging.
    The great team of Marco Tardelli in 1982 got to the final through the goals of Paulo Rossi who was just back form a match riggin suspension.
    Half the matches in the Far East are rigged by betting syndicates.
    One guy tried to rig matches in Germany.
    Belgium kicked ireland out of the 1982 world Cup through dodgy ref, just like Anderlecht ?? shafted Forest in the European Cup.

Ever notice in premiership matches how long the big teams get in additional time to score the winner or more importantly the equalisier ?

Chelsea should have won the champion league semi final last year, but UEFA did not want another final between same two English teams.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was waiting for that traitorous, self-righteous twat Keane to give his two cents. Never rated him as a player, or a man. A nothing Manager as well.

Tell you what Roy. You worry about keeping Ipswich up, without throwing your toys out of the pram as you always end up doing, and fcuk off and keep your snide opinions to yourself. You didn't give a toss about Ireland when we needed you the most so why the hell should we give a toss about a thing you say now?

There's a good man.

Would that dip**** ever f off out of Portman road and stop destroying the club I have loved since as a kid watching the great team of Bobby Robson.
    Now there was a manager to admire, not a motor mouth so far up his own ar** that he still thinks people give a cr** about him and how he was supposedly shafted in 2002.
    He shafted himself.

First he was on the team AFAIK that give Ipswich it's greatest drubbing and now he is going to take them down.
    Thanks a heap.

Isn't it a bit rich him telling everyone else to get over it, when he has to drag up Saipan at every opportunity ?
    Isn't it time for him to move on ?

He was a good player in his day, but he was also and still is a knob head.
    Sadly he hasn't taken his player skills into management and his probably zero man management skills don't help matters either.

I Have to admit the phone incident was funny though.
    And yes he was right mcshambles should have hoofed it, but I didn't expect the supposed clean shaven fair play guy henry to become Michael Jordan.

BTW boycott Gillette.
    IMHO If Henry is good enough for them, then my money is good enough for Wilkinson Sword !

pH wrote: »
    Yes it's uncomfortable when an Irish hero points out the truth of the situation, but honestly anyone posting here about Ireland's misfortune, who didn't join a facebook group in favour of a replay for Georgia is hypocritical at the very least.

Irish hero me ar**.
    Bloody deserter :mad::mad:
    Shoop wrote: »
    Read my post good sir, I said I don't follow the national team. Anyways must've been Georgia or whatever....they all end in 'ia' :D

England, Ireland whats the difference... they all end in "land"
    :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Looks like the drama is dying down a bit now.. A replay was never a possibility anyway

I hope people keep pressurising FIFA to make some obviously needed changes to the laws of the game though.. something good might come out of this whole thing yet

• Advertisement

Looks like the drama is dying down a bit now..

Yeah, but this guy's just getting started :D

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/henry-a-liar-and-a-cheat-just-like-most-footballers-1950493.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Looks like the drama is dying down a bit now.. A replay was never a possibility anyway

I hope people keep pressurising FIFA to make some obviously needed changes to the laws of the game though.. something good might come out of this whole thing yet

Not over yet.
    There is a planned march on the French embassy tomorrow.(if somebody hasn't this posted yet)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1121/ireland.html

Not that it looks like they'll change their mind (the French I mean )

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'd like to give the guy who made the last comment on that page a slap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Let me just sum this up.
    The FAI asked FIFA for a replay but they say no.
    So the FAI are saying to the FFF that FIFA would allow it if only the FFF agreed to it.
    But the FFF are saying to the FAI that the FIFA ruling is binding.

FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

This "Get over it" crap is really getting on my fu*king nerves.

People will get over it when it they want to get over it and not when you tell them to, okay?.

It's only been 48 hours since we were cheated out of a place in the World Cup.

Why don't YOU (and people like you) GET OVER the fact that people may want to vent for a week or two??

what sort of retarded rubbish is that? we were not cheated out of a place in the world cup. we were cheated out of penalties ffs, no guarantee whatsoever we were going to pull through that. highly unlikely imo

the only thing the english tabloids give a fiddlers about is shifting papers, so they will continue to pander to the many irish in england as long as they are lamenting this defeat (which it would appear will be some time)

I see Henry has now called for a replay. How convenient that he waits until FIFA have come out with a statement saying categorically that there will be no replay. If he really wanted a replay he woulda said it before FIFA made their ruling as he knew well that once they've ruled there would be zero chance of a one.

ffs :rolleyes: the levels of stupidity here are truly astounding.

john gilligan = scumbag
    limerick gangs = scumbag

thierry henry does not fit into that equation

edit: plus that comment about henry and his life in danger? my god!

aDeener wrote: »
    what sort of retarded rubbish is that?

First of all, calm down with the 'retarded' crap.
    we were not cheated out of a place in the world cup.

Yes we were.
    we were cheated out of penalties ffs,

And had we of converted more penalties than France we would have got a place in what? The World Cup!

So yes we were cheated out of a place in it :rolleyes:

We were playing them off the park. We only need one goal to make them need two.
    highly unlikely imo

Your opinon sucks as even the French fans and the almost every person who knows anything about soccer has come out and said we were robbed.

• Advertisement

First of all, calm down with the 'retarded' crap.

Yes we were.

And had we of converted more penalties than France we would have got a place in what? The World Cup!

So yes we were cheated out of a place in it :rolleyes:

We were playing them off the park. We only need one goal to make them need two.

Your opinon sucks as even the French fans and the almost every person who knows anything about soccer has come out and said we were robbed.

crux of the equation right there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement