Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build website, no idea what to charge!

• 19-11-2009 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Built this website a while ago for a friend. Also set up the flickr, youtube, myspace, twitter and bebo profiles and skins for him along with some photoshop image work.

Did it as a favour as we had an arrangement that I could use his car when he's not using it, Evenings and Weekends mostly, the only time I'd want to use it. But I've since bought my own car and the I only used his car for a year on and off, plus I paid my pwn insurance on it.

I'm wondering, how much was all the work I did for him worth? Rough estimate would be grand just want to know how much I should be owed for the work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I can't tell you how much you should charge for this site, and trying to charge for a site after it's done, and when a price wasn't agreed at the start it just asking for trouble.

If you were doing it again though, a grand sounds about right for producing a site of that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bibbly

Estimate the amount of time spent on the site, I like to build cheap websites, that I can knock together in a few hours, the main learning curve i had was agreeing exactly what is to be done first..

Just finished a site for someone, and now they want a gallery section, and a few images changed (even though these images were agreed upon)

Its my own fault,, from now on I will list out on paper exactly what i am doing, and how much it will cost, anything extra will cost extra..

Advertisement