Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I were to only watch 1 anime/manga film

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Varik wrote: »

off topic: I love how different the US ghibli trailer is from the jap one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIaBn9Emmlw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

Couldn't get into The Girl Who Leapt Through Time myself.

People highlight Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away aswell, but I much preferred My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Howl's Moving Castle of the "Studio Ghibli Collection".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

can anyone see my youtube post, for some reason i can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

can anyone see my youtube post, for some reason i can't.

Nop, just a white square

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

what part do you use to get a youtube link to play, i've done it before but can't get it working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

what part do you use to get a youtube link to play, i've done it before but can't get it working

Only put the part I've highlighted of the following example into the youtube tags: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1I73J3JFbw. All you need is the code.

BTW, the example below is actually a very good anime short.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 garvielloken

Akira is usually a good starting point. Spirited Away for the inner child, Legend of the Overfiend for the pervert within and Fist of the North Star for some kung fu madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds, close second Princess Mononoke. But honestly anything by Hayao Miyazaki(Studio Ghibli).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds

Thats a brilliant movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Watched Spirited Away for the first time last night - great film!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 regmcd

Howl's Moving Castle rocks.
    My Neighbour Totoro for a lazy day

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Ninja Scroll is pretty cool.

But as many would I'd go with Spirited Away. :)
    I just love it, I don't think it would bore me,
    And the music is just amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

regmcd wrote: »
    My Neighbour Totoro for a lazy day

Agreed, its such a brilliant film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lorcano

i,ve read a lot of manga and watched a lot of anime to this would have been a hard choice... THAT WAS UNTIL I READ BERSERK. OH MY GOD I SERIOUSLY HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING BETTER. SO YEAH YOU HAVENT READ BERSERK THEN YOU HAVENT BEEN BORN YET. I SAT DOWN LAST WEEKEND AND READ VOL 1-13 WITH 200+ PAGES OF QUALITY PER VOL. its very graphic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Lorcano wrote: »
    i,ve read a lot of manga and watched a lot of anime to this would have been a hard choice... THAT WAS UNTIL I READ BERSERK. OH MY GOD I SERIOUSLY HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING BETTER. SO YEAH YOU HAVENT READ BERSERK THEN YOU HAVENT BEEN BORN YET. I SAT DOWN LAST WEEKEND AND READ VOL 1-13 WITH 200+ PAGES OF QUALITY PER VOL. its very graphic though.

Wait till you read the later volumes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lorcano

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Wait till you read the later volumes :D

OH it was on a sataurday i read 1-13. it was sunday and sunday night i read 14-31...i almost failed the maths exam the nest day because every 4 seconds i was shouting in my head :pac:< GRRRIIIFFFFITH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Goku Midnight Eye

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Tokyo Godfather is a good one to start with...i recommend this because ive had friends over to watch it who will watch very little anime (they're film buffs) and everyone so far loves this film.

I think it works for most people even if your not into anime ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 16 neoviper

Id agree with Goku Midnight Eye if your into the more violent aspect also try Golgo 13 and Violence Jack.

Advertisement