Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The raiders finally do something sensible

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Cable launched a extremely unsubtle dig at JR as well.
    “I mean, he [Gradkowski] and Charlie (Frye) are absolutely pros,” Cable said, when asked about the how Gradkowski had handled the backup role. ”I mean, they’re here all the time. They’re here early. They’re here late. They study. They watch film. They talk about it. They draw it up. They involve they’re teammates to a great degree. Just what you’d expect.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Imo JaMarcus is much better than Gradkowski. We will see over the next few weeks.
    Oh and I am not saying anything good about Russell, I just think that Gradkowski is horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

eagle eye wrote: »
    Imo JaMarcus is much better than Gradkowski. We will see over the next few weeks.
    Oh and I am not saying anything good about Russell, I just think that Gradkowski is horrendous.
    TBH I dont think its an upgrade. Its just the fact that they have decided to bench russell!
    Lets get a seasoned vet in for next year (garcia would have been an option this year, but not next) Maybe a current 2nd string for someone else like KC got Cassel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Lets see what the Big Gradkowski can do he cant be much worse than OffTheMarcus!

I would like to see Charlie Frye get a shot, dont ask me why but i just think he is the best of a bad bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

I don't rate Gradkowski but the benching of Russell is a good move. Personally I never see him as an NFL QB but maybe he needs the benching as a kick in the arse

• Advertisement

Have that pie man. Great job by Grad, monster 4th and 10 conversion at the end to Chaz.

Wow that paid off :) Didnt see the whole game but from the highights, ol' bruce played a lot better than Jamarcus has all season

This was posted on another site.

scq8b5.jpg

This was posted on another site.

scq8b5.jpg

:DHaha that's brilliant man! where'd u find that?

haahahahahaha

• Advertisement

Was on another forum I read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Wonder why it took so long. JaMarcus is as good as done. He is right up there with Ryan Leaf in all time busts. In fact I would even as far to say he might be a bigger bust. At least Leaf won a few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Wonder why it took so long. JaMarcus is as good as done. He is right up there with Ryan Leaf in all time busts. In fact I would even as far to say he might be a bigger bust. At least Leaf won a few games.

In fairness, I think the fact that Leaf was considered by many, the better prospect, ahead of Peyton Manning, makes him unassailable in the #1 draft bust league.

davyjose wrote: »
    In fairness, I think the fact that Leaf was considered by many, the better prospect, ahead of Peyton Manning, makes him unassailable in the #1 draft bust league.
    +1

Russell was only taken by Oakland because of his immeasurables "a strong arm" rather than any great stats. His development was then ruined by a combination of too many coaches in his first3 years in the league, a misfiring offense, a terrible OL, holdout casuing him to miss much of his first training camp, and a lack of work ethic on his part.

Leaf on the other hand, was by all accounts, mentally unstable enough to handle playing in the NFL and the accompanying fame and fortune

Leslie91 wrote: »

How many games did Leaf win? JR has 2 wins this year and 5 last year.

I'm not writing of JaMarcus just yet because Vince Young gives me hope. That said Vince Young is a former rookie of the year obviously same cant be said for Russell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

How many games did Leaf win? JR has 2 wins this year and 5 last year.

Ryan Leaf is 4-17 on his career in games he started in.

Advertisement