Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seat Leon v VW Golf

• 19-11-2009 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hey all looking for some advice here. I am looking to purchase either a 2008 1.9TDI Seat Leon Stylance or a 2008 1.9TDI VW Golf Match. Which do you think is the best car and most value for money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sand Wedge wrote: »
    Hey all looking for some advice here. I am looking to purchase either a 2008 1.9TDI Seat Leon Stylance or a 2008 1.9TDI VW Golf Match. Which do you think is the best car and most value for money.

They're essentially the same car, but the Leon will be better value for money. Irish car owners seem to think the Golf is made from solid gold :rolleyes: I'd suggest the Octavia as well, better then both cars, cheaper and is also a Golf in Skoda clothing.

Oh, and try to avoid the 1.9TDI unless it's fairly cheap as the 2L TDI is better. Nothing wrong with the 1.9, it's just more tractory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

+1 to confab,

I would get a leon before the golf, its a nicer place to be i think, they will drive the same but the leon will be better spec im sure!
    Im not sure the exact difference.

The octavia you could probably get a nice vrs version but its a bigger car and the badge is the main turn off for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Be careful looking at 08 Leons. There's a shed load in from the North at the moment and the majority I've seen are either rough or don't drive as they should. Been out looking at some with a friend and I was far from impressed. I have one and have a good feel for them but many of the ones we've looked at reeked of cars that have been completely thrashed. Also, I don't know if it's an issue these days, but the chance of washed diesel being used in the past may cause problems.

Both are a very similar spec mind, the Golf has an arm rest and bluetooth over the Leon. Some may have this (larger MFD) and an arm rest is about €100 and simple to fit. Other than that you pay your money and you take your pick. Main difference bar the styling is the materials used in the interior. The Leons are cheaper and harder than the squidgy ones used in the Golf. But the assembly is still very good and it wears high miles very well. I've seen similar mileage Golfs to mine with rubber coatings on the interior wearing off making it look a bit mank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

New TDIs are only 18900 or something now.

Advertisement