Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Morons have rebooked my installation date without telling me!

Options
  • 19-11-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm so annoyed!! I ordered Sky a few weeks ago and got letter out a few weeks ago telling me that they would be here to install Sky today 19th Nov.

Anyway I took the day off work and rang up this morning to confirm the time that they would be out at and the lady on the phone informed me that the installation was not scheduled until 1st Dec. When I said I had a printed letter with today's date she said she would check for any amendments to the installation on the system and sure enough, the installation was RESCHEDULED yesterday to 1st Dec. I do have to say that the lady on the phone was very nice and apologetic but there was nothing that she could do, she thought that Sky were upgrading their system and that the booking should have gone in for 1st Dec in the first place.

I AM SO ANNOYED WITH SKY!! What kind of morons are these people? It's really making me have second thoughts about switching to them (long story why we are, we can't get NTL into our apartment complex and we had another small cable company that wasn't very good).

I actually ordered from them on 15th Oct so now it will be a six week wait until I can get it installed PLUS I will have to take another day off work that I don't have.

Is this typical Sky service???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

I can't comment on the re-scheduling but I do know that there is a massive wait with Sky Direct at the moment. If you go to a local Sky Kiosk or independent you'll have your install on day 7 or 8 from ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

forgetting wrote: »
    I'm so annoyed!! I ordered Sky a few weeks ago and got letter out a few weeks ago telling me that they would be here to install Sky today 19th Nov.

Anyway I took the day off work and rang up this morning to confirm the time that they would be out at and the lady on the phone informed me that the installation was not scheduled until 1st Dec. When I said I had a printed letter with today's date she said she would check for any amendments to the installation on the system and sure enough, the installation was RESCHEDULED yesterday to 1st Dec. I do have to say that the lady on the phone was very nice and apologetic but there was nothing that she could do, she thought that Sky were upgrading their system and that the booking should have gone in for 1st Dec in the first place.

I AM SO ANNOYED WITH SKY!! What kind of morons are these people? It's really making me have second thoughts about switching to them (long story why we are, we can't get NTL into our apartment complex and we had another small cable company that wasn't very good).

I actually ordered from them on 15th Oct so now it will be a six week wait until I can get it installed PLUS I will have to take another day off work that I don't have.

Is this typical Sky service???

They are trained to be very nice and apologetic but you are the one that is inconvenienced. It seems they have too much work on hand to need to worry about individual customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Heard an ad in which UPC say they can install their Digital+ HD within one week. Have you tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

forgetting wrote: »

Guess not as he says he can't get NTL !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

That's annoying. Could have saved a lot of hassle if he could.

• Advertisement
Advertisement