Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WRC NEW YEAR SWEEPSTAKE (Tasteless, off-topic trolling)

• 19-11-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Pick a date buy a ticket....

Pick the date of the first level crossing collision on the WRC and win win win!

No, not really, would be a bit morbid to do that, but it does make me wonder how many of the Good Old Boys up on the N18 will cop on that the railway is now , to all intents and purposes , open again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

corktina wrote: »
    Pick a date buy a ticket....

Pick the date of the first level crossing collision on the WRC and win win win!

No, not really, would be a bit morbid to do that, but it does make me wonder how many of the Good Old Boys up on the N18 will cop on that the railway is now , to all intents and purposes , open again.

Thats a tasteless post right there. As much class as shit in a bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Whats the prize?

Feb 13th Train and one or more cow/sheep as being moved into different field

Whats the prize?

Feb 13th Train and one or more cow/sheep as being moved into different field
    Nah, the prize is you get to watch the Fire Brigade hose down the blood and body parts of some families loved one from the front of a DMU.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Thats a tasteless post right there. As much class as shit in a bottle.

it was a jest and said so.....more tasteful than your reply though

Nah, the prize is you get to watch the Fire Brigade hose down the blood and body parts of some families loved one from the front of a DMU.:cool:

whats a DMU?

• Advertisement

Mr McClure, what does DNA stand for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Reported. Hope this thread gets locked and deleted.

it was a jest and said so.....more tasteful than your reply though

Hmm, dont think so. I think jesting about people getting killed by trains really does equate to sh1t in a bottle.

Apologies for my turn of phrase.

I apologise if I have caused offence, it was I thought a light hearted way to raise what is a serious potential problem.

I dont know what extra warnings are in place other than a piece in the papers (I am told), hopefully some extra temporary signage will be in order.

I apologise if I have caused offence, it was I thought a light hearted way to raise what is a serious potential problem.

I dont know what extra warnings are in place other than a piece in the papers (I am told), hopefully some extra temporary signage will be in order.
    Apparently all land owners and local crossing users have been written to advising of the dangers associated with the re-opening of the line.

• Advertisement

DMU - Diesel Multiple Unit.

Those crappy new trains basically

Hmm, dont think so. I think jesting about people getting killed by trains really does equate to sh1t in a bottle.

Apologies for my turn of phrase.

where he say anywhere about people or getting killed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭SeanW

How about the first day the brand-spanking-new Galway Limerick service is cancelled because of flooding on the Ennis-Limerick section? Next bit of heavy rain ought to do it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Ennis/Limerick service suspended due to landslip today and we all know what causes that. Doubtless flooding will soon follow. :rolleyes:

Advertisement