Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintainence grant...

Options
  • 19-11-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Has anyone received any letter from the county council about the maintainence grant?? I've been waiting for 2 months but not even a reply...:S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Did you only apply 2 months ago? And was it after the official deadline? If so, what has probably happened is that the county council in question is dealing with all the applications it received before the deadline before it starts to process the 'late applications'. However, it might be no harm to give them a call and see what the story is. Did they send you an acknowledgement of having received your application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bloodmager

convert wrote: »
    Did you only apply 2 months ago? And was it after the official deadline? If so, what has probably happened is that the county council in question is dealing with all the applications it received before the deadline before it starts to process the 'late applications'. However, it might be no harm to give them a call and see what the story is. Did they send you an acknowledgement of having received your application?

I handed in the application form directly to county council in Swords@ 28 August, so I don't think my application is a "late" one. I think I should give them a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Im in the same boat.I was of the impression that they don't send you an aknowledgement letter.If they do then I haven't received mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Did you not get a little postcard with the application forms which you were to address and fix a stamp on, and which they'd send back to you? Maybe it's just specific to a few county councils?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I just contacted my council...they're nowhere near my application yet. They're only on applications completed on Sept 22nd.

I asked would I know before Christmas and she said she just didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I didn't got any letter or phone call from them..

misslt, september 22nd or august 22nd? Because I handled my application on first of september..

Sept 22nd.

I handed mine in August 31st, but they contacted me looking for more info, which pushed my date back to Oct 22nd.

So it took them 2 months to tell me I was missing stuff (I didn't realise I was missing it) and that pushed me back 2 months. I've already got a letter from UCD about my reg fees, I'm working myself into the ground to be able to eat and now I won't get my exam results till god knows when because of this.

I'm so mad right now.

misslt wrote: »
    I just contacted my council...they're nowhere near my application yet. They're only on applications completed on Sept 22nd.

So,they have completed the application forms handed in before Sept 22nd??
    which means that I should received a letter or something from the county council then? :eek:

Depends on the council..mines Louth.

Call them and see, that's the only advice I can give.

Did you have to submit any further information?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Your lucky, waterford vec are only processing the end of august at this stage, :(

• Advertisement

Depends on the council..mines Louth.

Call them and see, that's the only advice I can give.

Did you have to submit any further information?

I handed in directly to Swords county council, I have every document submitted and I have asked the man if I needed to give any document or certificate.....

Advertisement