Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Pats 18 month Postgrad course going ahead or not!?!?

Options
  • 19-11-2009 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

I am hoping to apply to Pats to do the 18 month postgraduate course, IF its giong ahead at all.

I suppose the budget next week will determine what is happening.

What are people's thoughts on it? Are many of you applying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

The post-grad is going ahead, according to the Pat's website.

Application info is on the Pats website too.

Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Think this year is the last year of it and there will only be about 60 places available so big competition!Good Luck with it:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

was looking to do this and was wondering does anyone know whether or not it would be more advatageous to get a masters in classics first and then apply or would i be just wasting my time and money?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Strictly

I would apply for the teaching Post Grad as this may be the last year as there are lots of Primary Teachers who have not got jobs this year. There are people in Mary I and Pats who will be coming out in the next few years so there won't be any shortage of teachers, that was the reason the course was started in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

Strictly wrote: »
    I would apply for the teaching Post Grad as this may be the last year as there are lots of Primary Teachers who have not got jobs this year. There are people in Mary I and Pats who will be coming out in the next few years so there won't be any shortage of teachers, that was the reason the course was started in the first place.

But if there are lots of teachers who havent got jobs, then why would one apply for a masters in this area (given that all things being equal those that are already in the system would get posts before the newbies?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Strictly

If you really want to do Primary teaching you would be prepared to take the chance and do the 18 months course. No one knows whats down the line, lots of teachers may retire early, or you could just be in the right place and the right time and get a job!

Advertisement