Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photoshoot location in Cork City - need recommendations

• 19-11-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've asked in the Cork forum and gotten no responses, so Mods, I hope you don't mind my posting here. I've got a Magazine visiting tomorrow to do a feature on one of my cars, and they want a location to do it in. So I'm hoping some photogs from Cork can suggest a few places?

I need to have 2 location choices, one indoors if it's raining, and one outdoors preferably. The indoors one would be good if it was say an empty level of a car park, and the outdoors one would be ideally some sort of plaza with interesting buildings behind.

However, I am completely out of ideas, and even though I'm a keen photographer myself, I can't come up with anything. Help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭YeahOK

What about down by the Shakey Bridge; back of the Mardyke? Or outside county hall?

For indoors, I have no clue and looking out the window right now, I'm not sure you'll be up to much in Cork outdoors tomorrow...:D

The carpark on the Grand Parade is normally pretty empty at night, you might try there depending on the time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

How about the Ballincollig High-rise car park for indoors, it's usually fairly empty on the upper levels, not sure what time it closes though :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

+1 for carparks.....for free lighting they can't be beaten
    4061957961_199b56fa93.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

^^ except for the underground Mahon Point car park, VERY dimly lit !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

OP - im taking it this is a bit of a 'MINI adventure' :D
    Make sure to let us know how it goes...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 121FOTO

Make sure you ask for permission before. A lot of people forget that car-parks are private spaces. I could help with a big courtyard in Cork City. pm me if you interested and with more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone, the ballincollig multistorey almost won out, but because of the insane traffic, we ended up using the Citygate business park in Mahon. The combination of glass fronted buildings, unfinished units with construction equipment inside, and a fountain that changes colour every few minutes, combined with some twilight long exposures made for a great collection of shots.

And for anyone who's interested, my car will be in next month's Modified Motors magazine.

Advertisement