Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rack KVM Drawers

• 19-11-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

I need to get a new KVM Drawer to replace a crap Dell one that will not fit in our new Rack.

It will be used to manage ~10 Servers {can hot-swap non-critical systems}.
    Does not need to be IP based but would be nice if in budget.

Does anybody have an recommendation?
    There is not official budget for this so prob 200€ to 500€ {maybe 600€}.

On a side note has anybody seen and/or installed/used a VESA mount that will attach to the side/top of a rack?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

I suppose the first question whould be what type of rack do you have if the Dell KVM wont fit?

Is it a telecoms rack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

It was in a IBM rack that has round holes and has been moved into a generic rack with standard square holes.

I can get replacement rails but to be honest this a PoS, so want to get a new one in...
    I suppose the first question whould be what type of rack do you have if the Dell KVM wont fit?

Is it a telecoms rack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

You'll find it hard to get a good KVM switch for 200 - 500
    This unit is very good and cheap conpared to other IP based KVM's

16 Port Rack Mount USB PS/2 Digital IP KVM Switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

What about 300€ to 800€?

Edit:

Can edit my first post, so with put this here; I'm looking for the full system, {Monitor, Keyboard, Rack mounting and control unit}.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

The one I mentioned is €755 ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement