Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jonathan Healy - Newstalk

• 19-11-2009 12:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭

Picked this prog up while driving yesterday - don't normally listen to Newstalk so hope I have got his name right.

Filling in for Eamon Keane apparently.

Was very impressed with him...good radio voice .....non irritating neutral accent...good vibrant delivery.

Not afraid to ask the hard/obvious questions and was good at cutting short a couple of long winded politicos.

Makes a mockery of RTE'S huge payments to their so called "stars" - this guy could match any of them and is probably on a tenth of their salary !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭danman

I thought he did very well.

Keane is really starting to get on my nerves.
    He'll make some smart comment that has nothing to do with the interviewee then retract it straight away.

for example, he was interviewing a member of the CIF recently and made the comment that the developers where all probably on holiday, the interviewee told him that, that had nothing to do with the subject they were discussing and radio presenters go on holiday too.

He makes a populist comment then, usually changes the subject, not allowing anyone to retort.

I believe that political commentators should not allow their own prejudices to interfere with their job.
    I find that Matt Cooper is one of the few presenters that gives all views a chance, within reason.
    Eamon Keane should listen to the Last Word for a few weeks, before he's allowed back on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Keane does take an inordinate amount of time off. When the report on public servant sick days came out a few weeks back I tuned into the show to revel in the hypocrisy of him covering the story - only to find he was off yet again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Pardon my ignorance but is Healy a rgular member of the Newstalk team ?

Does he do other progs ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

He is the Newstalk southern correspondent, so he pops up on different shows every now and then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

deadhead13 wrote: »
    He is the Newstalk southern correspondent, so he pops up on different shows every now and then.

Thanks DH...well I think he did an excellent job fillin in fer eamonn K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I knew JH years ago in college radio and he's been working his way up the ranks in radio ever since from local radio in Cork and Dublin to the shortlived Sky News Ireland and now Newstalk. As has been already said he's their southern correspondent but also fills in on newsreading and for Eamon Keane when required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

deadhead13 wrote: »

He turns up on INN reports somtimes AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Johnathan was in school with me, ended up working iin 96fm in Cork - made a pretty good name for himself there. Good to see him coming up in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Picked this prog up while driving yesterday - don't normally listen to Newstalk so hope I have got his name right.

Filling in for Eamon Keane apparently.

Was very impressed with him...good radio voice .....non irritating neutral accent...good vibrant delivery.

Not afraid to ask the hard/obvious questions and was good at cutting short a couple of long winded politicos.

Makes a mockery of RTE'S huge payments to their so called "stars" - this guy could match any of them and is probably on a tenth of their salary !!

Is he Freelance. I heard him a few times recently on WLR.fm doing news stories in the south of the country, the floods in Cork etc. He is a very good reporter.

Advertisement