Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet Prices - North V South

Options
  • 19-11-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Our pup is due his second round of the 4 in 1 and also we want to get him chipped. I called a recommended vet in the North and was quoted £17.50 for the shots and £15 for the chip.

Was then quoted by a vet in Dublin €40 for the shots and he may need to come back a second time so it would be another €40 plus €45 for the microchip....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I would also be interested to know this.

My two dogs are due their booster shots and vet is charging €50 each..

I love my dogs to bits and they are very much part of the family but the prices the vet's are charging here are extortionate imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 siobhan.m

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Our pup is due his second round of the 4 in 1 and also we want to get him chipped. I called a recommended vet in the North and was quoted £17.50 for the shots and £15 for the chip.

Was then quoted by a vet in Dublin €40 for the shots and he may need to come back a second time so it would be another €40 plus €45 for the microchip....

Some advice that may be helpful - when I took my cat up North for his neutering, shots, etc. I enquired about microchipping - the girl in the vet had worked in Dublin before moving to Belfast and said that the chips (or the databases? Not sure exactly) used in the UK were different to those used in ROI. She said that a lost dog was brought in to be scanned and only for the fact that she knew to check both North and South databases were they able to track down his owners. Don't know if this is 100% accurate, maybe somebody knows different, but she warned me off getting him chipped up there.

Otherwise everything else was a lot cheaper, and I go up there for any non-emergency visits.

Advertisement