Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

milking parlour jars

• 19-11-2009 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

finished up milking for the winter and want to clean the jars before i get going again,there's a couple of them kinda cloudy inside,obviously i can get the outside sorted but the inside is the problem,they've been that way since i got them second hand,i've been hot washing,sterlising and all sorts of everything but no good,was thinking maybe there was something i could put in them over the next few weeks,any one have any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

I find a good hot wash with delaval c6 makes the jars sparkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Descaler??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

there is a product that is used by spring herds, it is used on the last wash at shut down and again at start up, we used it for a thermo problem a while back, got it from gregg care in donegal they will courier it out think it comes in 5 lts
    http://www.greggcare.ie/DisplayProduct.aspx?ProdID=22&PT=Dairy%20Hygiene

if it dosent shift it then your cloudy jars arent affecting milk quality and would nt worry about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kevkeegan

its purely for show that i want to clean them,they were second hand and it was there before they landed in my yard,i'v tried a couple of different brands i was more thinking of maybe some kind of crazy glass cleaner that i could put in the jar and leave for a couple of days,maybe some kind of kitchen cleaner or old wives tale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

fill them with hot water and descaler,and leave over night.rinse well and wash out with your regular hot-wash. PMU

• Advertisement
Advertisement