Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip Query

Options
  • 19-11-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Any one know what happens if you overload your skip. Got a skip for some work recently, but ended up doing more than planned. Now skip is "very, very" full. Afraid of what might happen when they come to collect - do they just ask for a bit more money or what?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Daragh86

Any one know what happens if you overload your skip. Got a skip for some work recently, but ended up doing more than planned. Now skip is "very, very" full. Afraid of what might happen when they come to collect - do they just ask for a bit more money or what?:confused:

A couple of years ago I would give the driver a couple quid and nothing would be said about it - I'm not advising it but just letting you know what used to happen. Don't know about these days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

What matters is if the skip is over weight, which unless you have piled it high with soil or rubble is extremely unlikely. The volume doesn't matter as long as the driver can sheet it over to prevent spillage. If it's falling over the sides of it he might mutter a bit, but these guys are used to such things. Don't worry yourself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

I once seen a skip that was packed with doors around the sides and loaded such that it was almost 3 times the height of the original skip !! I am sorry i didn't take a photo. Don't know if it was taken. They usually say no more than the water line which on a standard builders skip is a bit crap. I think there main concern is stuff falling out on the road a hitting a car or pedestrian. Just don't take the piss and you should be grand.

Advertisement