Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way from Newcastle Co. Dublin to Enniscorthy?

• 19-11-2009 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

I would have never really considered there to be any other option but the N7->M50->M11 route but Google maps suggests something else and I'm coming home for xmas and wanting to visit a pal in Caim, Enniscorthy. Google says the N7->M7->M9->N9->R418->N81->N80->R746->R702->R730->local roads..

Now it doesn't allow for the fact that the M9 will be open all the way from Kilcullen to Carlow by xmas (hopefully!) and when you look at it that way it actually seems like you get more motorway miles than going the M11 route.

Any thoughts? I think (IIRC) that the N80 is actually a decent stretch of road from the Carlow bypass to Enniscorthy with just Bunclody to pass through? Thinking of ignoring Google's instruction to leave the M9 at Castledermot and stay on the motorway until the actual junction with the N80 is reached as I avoid driving through Tullow that way.

Any thoughts? The new motorways will open up totally different route options for many I reckon. Routes they wouldn't have even thought about before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

From anywhere close to the Naas road side of Dublin the new route suggested is the one!

Took me 1.5 hr on Tuesday at 5.30pm to travel from Killashee House in Naas to Enniscorthy along that route and that included maybe 15mins stuck in Kilcullen getting out to the N9. I also stayed on the new M9 as far as the Carlow exit to avoid the back road through Tullow.

As regards the final part on the local roads I would probably go direct to Enniscorthy and on to Caim from there rather than turning right in Bunclody. (But I live in Enniscorthy so that might only br my own familiarty with that route!) Time and distance would be similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Cheers for the confirmation KK! Should be even quicker once the M9 is complete as far as Carlow then. I'm not sure if all those boreens will be on our satnav-we've never used it in Ireland, so might have to head in as far as Enniscorthy on the N80->N11 and then out to Caim.

Advertisement