Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KIA prices reductions

• 19-11-2009 1:36pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hot news!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Kia Reduce prices of Picanto,Rio and cee'd Ranges by up to €2000.

Kia Motors Ireland have announced significant price reductions for their Picanto, Rio and cee’d models. Picanto has been reduced by

€1850, Rio by €1500 and cee’d models by €2000.

“In the current climate it is obvious that price reductions is what is driving consumer behaviour in all product purchasing decisions and the purchase of motor cars is no different” commented Kia Motors Ireland ,Managing Director ,James Brooks . “Such price adjustments need to be significant to meet consumer demands and we are responding accordingly and will continue to offer quality product at affordable prices”

The price reductions mean that Kia Picanto prices now start at €9,995, Rio from €12,865 and the cee’d range with it’s 7 year warranty now starts at just €17500 .The popular diesel models for Rio and cee’d now start at just €13,550 and €18,500 respectively . Ireland’s best selling estate car the cee’d 1.7 Diesel SW now starts at just €20,000.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Will see if I can get a full price list and post up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

WOW!

Hot news indeed.

But any news on the prices of the DACIA SANDERO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Apparantly these were only revealed at the dealer conference yesterday - fair play for getting your hands on them so quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Shame no word on the new model c'eed though. Would have gladly considered a current model if they offered a similar spec to the UK "LS" model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

About time. The C'eed was way overpriced even though it has a nice warranty...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Is the price being reduced at the expensive of specification or warranty ?

Or is it the same car and same spec at lower price.... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Currently have an old style Rio(04) as my run around for shopping etc(I use the bike most of the time), Its underpowered,Crappy ride quality,has tacky plastic inside and has a sticky tappet. It is very reliable however, but would never get another Kia.

If you want to get from a to b without any other considerations and Arn't to fussed on comfort then get a Kia otherwise look else where.I wish I had of known more when I got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

hobochris wrote: »
    Currently have an old style Rio(04) as my run around for shopping etc(I use the bike most of the time), Its underpowered,Crappy ride quality,has tacky plastic inside and has a sticky tappet. It is very reliable however, but would never get another Kia.

If you want to get from a to b without any other considerations and Arn't to fussed on comfort then get a Kia otherwise look else where.I wish I had of known more when I got it.

There is a world of difference between an 04 Rio, and an 09 C'eed. I had a Mentor as a Rental Car once and it was once of the worse buckets of sh1te I've ever driven.

I'd happily purchase a Pro C'eed 1.6D and drive it day in day out as it's a damn good car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

R.O.R wrote: »
    I'd happily purchase a Pro C'eed 1.6D and drive it day in day out as it's a damn good car!

+1 , great car, so so easy on fuel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

hobochris wrote: »

True enough, that shape rio truly is a horrible car, shocking quality interior plastics, poor ride and very noisy, to be fair though, Kia have made a tremendous transition in a very short timeframe, and they deserve credit for that, It simply is'nt fair to compare a 04 Kia with a new C'eed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Nissan Pixo was the cheapest car in Ireland and it has now been matched by the Picanto. The Picanto looks to be the better car with the better warranty.
    Hopefully it'll drag down the RRP of the class leaders which are the Aygo,i10 and Panda.
    Rio is based on the Accent and is OK but there are other more interesting cars out there than it.

Advertisement