Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Design - recommend anyone??

• 19-11-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm looking to set-up a website for small company, no ordering or booking on-line, just email and phone details. A few pages at most. How much am I looking at and any recommendations in Waterford. I know you can set them up on-line but I need help as I need people to be able to find it!!! Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

UTD Web Design
    www.utdwebdesign.com

Get quotes from as many companies as you can. You're looking at €1,000 I'd say. Depends on the company though. Some could charge €1,000 while another charges €3,000 for the same website spec.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully (the mod of this forum) does web design as well afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

mindful that there's a few Boards members involved in web design companies you may find some recommendations less than objective.
    You could contact the enterprise board and ask them for a list of reputable design companies in the city. That way you'll have weeded out the cowboys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

cough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

old gregg wrote: »
    You could contact the enterprise board and ask them for a list of reputable design companies in the city. That way you'll have weeded out the cowboys.
    The City Enterprise Board may also be able to provide funding towards the cost of the website, though I'm not sure of the criteria needed to qualify for the funding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

waterfordceb.com is the city enterprise board site, its down at the moment for redevelopment tho'. I think you can apply for up to 1,250 grant towards a website. Although I'm not sure the exact criteria. Still worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

http://www.emagine.ie/ or http://www.marla.ie/ would be my two picks, I know Peter who runs Emagine as a mate of a mate twice removed, so no connections to either company, but all I hear is professional reports from both.

It depends on what you want to spend now and what it's worth to you, you an get some to knock it out for a couple of hundred and just get you online but you might as well stick up a holding page with some contact details on it if your doing that, you wouldn't walk into a printes and say here's me company name print us up 500 letterheads with whatever will do I'll be back at 5 to pick them up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill happily provide a quote and I can assure very high quality work - more so then those who will offer it for half nothing! I am far from a "cowboy" and work with a number of well known local businesses (including some of the political parties) for everything related to IT Support, Web Design and Development, Hosting etc. Plenty of experience and I never let anybody down. You will see my past work on the portfolio on my website. If you need other names I will happily provide them over PM (some businesses I work with are not listed). The large majority I have references from. I also am one of the cheaper hosting providers and our server is located in Dublin and not in the US/Canada where other businesses locate your website. I also have experience in Search Engine Optimization so I can help get your new website listed highly on search engines. So, far from a "cowboy"!

There are a small few genuine and very good design agencies around Waterford and not all of us are registered with the Enterprise Board or any local business groups such as Chamber of Commerce. Enterprise Board do provide grants for businesses looking to get a website done - I have worked on a number of projects which have received such a grant.

I also recommend Junior's link for Emagine. Good work done there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 FortalezaOwner

did you have any luck with your web design, i am in same position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

deiseIT.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 emagination

Thanks for reference Junior...

This is Peter from Emagine Media in Waterford - http://www.emagine.ie

Would be happy to have a chat with you about your needs anytime. <snip>

The Waterford City Enterprise Board 'Empower' grant is a great option for those on a budget... example of a recent site developed as part of this process - http://www.walshking.ie

Details on the empower grant here - http://www.waterfordceb.com/ecommerce-development.php

Cheers...

Mod edit: I have removed some of your post as it was verging on spam to be honest. If the OP want further information from you he can pm you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

www.whelanwebdesign.com

For what you are looking for if it's only a page you're only looking at 200 euro or if its a few pages maybe 400-500 euro.

David is lovely chap and he has completed a lot of work for the Enterprise Board and comes highly recommended by them and also Social and Family Affairs for anyone in receipt of grants from them.

He did a website for me through the SFA. all his details are on the website. Hope this helps

Advertisement