Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blatant vandalism last night

Options
  • 19-11-2009 1:40pm

A friend of mine arrived back to his car last night after the match to find the back windscreen had been smashed in. The glass was all over the car and the back of the car was soaked through including the speakers etc in the back. It was no easy task to do this and with no sign of a brick or anything the person/people must have had some sort tool with them (iron bar/baseball bat) for no other reason but to do damage. Also there was nothing taken which confirms it was done for fun.

The car was parked on the road beside Debenhams.

Its gone very bad when you cannot park your car up for a few hours without it being vandalised. What sort of people derive satisfaction from damaging someones car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Was it a French reg by any chance? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Was it a French reg by any chance? :pac:

good to see you find it funny - lets hope your not unfortunate enough to get your back window put through and the cost of replacing it

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

This type of mindless vandalism is sickening and I hope a deepening recession doesn't stoke it.That's a very central place-if your friend didn't do already,tell them to make some enquiries about security/servailance cameras in the area.Maybe there's footage,just like the assholes that were caught on camera banging the doors of the elderly around bohermore or woodquay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

There could well be footage from cameras around the bank or debenhams; well worth checking out OP. Such ridiculous mindless violence

I wasn't there myself so I don't know where exactly he was parked in relation to the cameras. I haven't spoken to him today but I'm sure he is looking into getting some footage.

He went to the Guards last night alright but the impression he gave me was they were not very interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

has he got window cover?
    happened to me few years ago and the costs were covered under insurance policy without effecting no claims bonus

got the windows done up there in liosbaun ind estate near the crash repairs place

sorry to hear about that

I thought windscreen cover only applied to the front windscreen??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

He went to the Guards last night alright but the impression he gave me was they were not very interested.
    Was he expecting anything else? The Guards don't give a toss about things like this, that's why so many people don't bother reporting it. Anti social behaviour is viewed as a national past time in this country rather than a serious issue that needs attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Best bet would be to get CCTV footage, if available.
    I'd think the Guards know it's pretty much a lost cause without footage and will concentrate on the crimes that has better leads.

I'd be effing raging too if that happened to me, check with the insurance company. Not likely to affect NCB as he wasn't driving at the time (guess).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

depends on the insurer, some cover all windows and sunroofs aswell, the policy would outline it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

The majority of insurers cover glass as a general item, doesn't matter which pane. usually to a certain cost limit as well, (most up to E500)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mr.donkey

same thing happened to me last night. back window smashed in. nothing taken, just pure vandalism. car was parked in house driveway of quiet residential estate in claddagh...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a guy a with a small yellow car I always drive past in the mornings. Today I saw his driver side window smashed. Fokkers :mad:

Thats 3 cars in a week owned/seen by people who post here. I hope this is not going to be a regular occurrence around the city.

Just to update on my Friend his insurance will cover the glass without putting it down as a claim, so at least he wont be out of pocket.

Advertisement