Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki DR650

• 19-11-2009 1:41pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any views or experiences on these?

p.s. The one I've my eye on is an Italian import, and has never had indicators fitted. Are indicators mandatory in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I wouldn't touch an Italian import to be honest.

I've seen the way they treat their bikes and its not nice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

KTRIC wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch an Italian import to be honest.

I've seen the way they treat their bikes and its not nice.

This one is in the UK currently and it's minty mint.

This one is in the UK currently and it's minty mint.

I love the DR650 , great sound from the big single.

Oh yeah and pics or GTFO :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1996, but with a mere 12k miles. STG£850.

1996, but with a mere 12k miles. STG£850.

Bloody cheap, i'd jump on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Hey,that dr is cheap at 850, i have a dr350 and i love it but the 350 are hard to start(kick) but other than that best bike ive had and ive had 30+ ranging from a honda 50 all the way up to a fj1200..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Are indicators mandatory in Ireland?

I'm not certain, but I've always been under the impression that if they're fitted they have to be working, if not fitted your ok without them. Be interested to hear if anyone has a definitive answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Afaik before if they wer fitted they had to be working. but now pre 82 dont need them by law but later bikes do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

I'm not certain, but I've always been under the impression that if they're fitted they have to be working, if not fitted your ok without them. Be interested to hear if anyone has a definitive answer.

that is true,motorcycles dont need to have indicators or mirrors here in eire,,,,i had a battered nsr 125 years ago with 1 indicator and the local speedy at the time pulled me over it and pointed out the rule of indicators,basicaly he said that if there on the bike they need to be working and if a bike hasnt got them they cant say anyting either,,so i kicked the indicator off and he said fair enough problem solved and left me off about my business :)

Advertisement