Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with any experience with TouchLib, OpenFrameworks or OpenCV?

Options
  • 19-11-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Just To check if anyone has any experience with these. Currently, I'm undergoing a Big project for college called Flourish and I'm thinking of heading down the root of developing with the libraries mentioned above.

Does anyone know if they are easy or hard to work with. Any advice or anything on other possibilities we could use?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Coincidentally, Microsoft just released the Surface SDK the other day at the PDC, which may also be of interest;
    http://blogs.msdn.com/martharotter/archive/2009/11/19/surface-sdk-available-on-microsoft-download-center.aspx

Edit; the Surface SDK has a simulator, but I don't know if you can use it with hardware other than an actual MS Surface, might want to look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Having glanced over the material on your project, I've only dabbled in that area myself, but I do keep up with the tech to some extent, you may find some useful resources at this site;
    http://nuigroup.com/

Edit; sorry, just saw your latest posts, looks like you already found them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yeah, I'm thinking now of going down the road of Johnny Lee's Wiimote/LED jobbie

Although, hands would be ideal, I think the idea of having something up and running quickly and relatively easy is very appealing to us as a group.

Subscribe to the RSS feed if you feel that it's an interesting project btw :D Potentially, it could be displayed in the Digital Hub in Dublin if it turn out as we expect. Only time will tell...

Thanks for your help anyway guys.

Advertisement