Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Excel Conditions in Colour on Line Graph help!

Options
  • 19-11-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm working on an excel sheet for waste.
    I have limits of 0-2000Litres which must not be exceeded, if it is exceed the number would go red on the excel sheet...easy enough. I did a format conditioning on the column for anything under 2000 to remain black and anything above 2000 to go bold and red. Seemed easy but I wanted the same effect with the line graph trending for each day I get a result.
    Ie,
    D1 330L
    D2 1000L
    D3 1400L
    D5 2200L
    D6 1800L
    D7 1000L
    D8 2100L

The limit is 2000L, if it goes above this, ie, 2000.01L, this is exceeding and will go red.
    I want the same effect on my line graph when I trend across for the 8 days. Either the points turning red indicating exceeded Limit or the line itself as it crosses the limit.
    What formula and conditioning would be required, I had great help before and hope you can help in my problem...racked my brains all morning on this.
    Is it possible to do this...Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sneakee

Ok, did that but still have an issue with the lines I don't want in the graph, is there more formula work needed to remove these as I generate the graphs.
    I only want a line or points highlighting when they go above the limit of 2000L. Feel free to edit the sheet and attach any solution... Thanks

Do you mean that you just want any figures over 2000 on the graph and anything else is nt to be shown?
    Then just refine yoour source data (see attached)

kbannon wrote: »
    Do you mean that you just want any figures over 2000 on the graph and anything else is nt to be shown?
    Then just refine yoour source data (see attached)

I want all data to show up in the graph, only that the data once it goes over 2000 show up as red and anything below the limit stay black.
    I'd like it to show as the picture if possible, where the points go a different colour when they go above a certain limit.

Thanks for you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Don't have Excel 2007 here to test it, but this might point you in the right direction

[edit] Actually, not sure what you want is possible
    http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/msoffice/?p=246

• Advertisement

Sneakee wrote: »
    I want all data to show up in the graph, only that the data once it goes over 2000 show up as red and anything below the limit stay black.
    I'd like it to show as the picture if possible, where the points go a different colour when they go above a certain limit.

Thanks for you help.
    Using the download link on the link I posted previously, I tweaked the chart to use your data (see attached)
    MOH wrote: »
    Actually, not sure what you want is possible
    It is!

was that any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

kbannon wrote: »
    Using the download link on the link I posted previously, I tweaked the chart to use your data (see attached)

It is!

I slouch corrected

That's it but I can't get rid of those lines.
    What must I do from mine in the options to automatically remove those lines?
    Thanks to everyone for their help :)

Right click on the line > choose Format Data Series > Select Patterns Tab > In the line area, choose None.
    Repeat for any other lines.

Its as easy as 3.142!

• Advertisement

Easy once its done .....Big Thanks to everyone and majour kudos to Kbannon for the noobie help...Nice one!!!

No problem - glad it worked.
    Shall I stick the invoice in the post or email it to you?

Advertisement