Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I add a paypal option at checkout?

Options
  • 19-11-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Not sure whether I'm in the right section, so apologies if I'm not. Basically I have an online shop, up until now I have been using a releax as a payment option for customers, this is no longer a viable option as it is just costing too much. Anyway I am looking to change the payment option on my site to paypal. I am an absolute amateur and asked the guys who built the site to do it, but they are quoting over €500, money I just haven't got in this climate. I was able to add a paypal button at the checkout through contribute but with my limited abilities I don't know how to catch the sales amount so customers don't have to enter the amount manually. I guess the first question is Is it possible for me to resolve this myself? or Can someone do it for me relatively cheaply? site is programmed in jsp.
    thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

giveitago wrote: »
    Not sure whether I'm in the right section, so apologies if I'm not. Basically I have an online shop, up until now I have been using a releax as a payment option for customers, this is no longer a viable option as it is just costing too much. Anyway I am looking to change the payment option on my site to paypal. I am an absolute amateur and asked the guys who built the site to do it, but they are quoting over €500, money I just haven't got in this climate. I was able to add a paypal button at the checkout through contribute but with my limited abilities I don't know how to catch the sales amount so customers don't have to enter the amount manually. I guess the first question is Is it possible for me to resolve this myself? or Can someone do it for me relatively cheaply? site is programmed in jsp.
    thanks
    :)

Paypal have a well documented API to work off, so finding out how to send and retrieve information to them is easy enough.

If you're not a programmer, you won't be able to do it though as there are security implications and you'd need to know what you're doing.

Try putting the requirement on a freelance website and see what type of prices are tendered

Advertisement