Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your set-up?

• 19-11-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭

I use MiKTeX and Gnu Emacs/AUCTeX on Windows XP (work) and Vista (home).

BTW, MiKTeX 2.8 includes its own editor and PDF viewer (TeXworks), so Windows users only need to install MiKTeX and nothing else. I've been using Emacs since I learned LaTeX on Linux, so I prefer sticking with that. The MiKTeX PDF viewer is great because it doesn't lock the file as Adobe Reader does, so you don't get an error when you try to run PDFLatex on a file you're viewing.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

texlive on Ubuntu 9.10. I either use LyX (for quick'n'easy stuff) or gvim to edit .tex files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

The MiKTeX PDF viewer is great because it doesn't lock the file as Adobe Reader does

Brilliant news. Die, Adobe bloatware, die!

Up to now I've been using MiKTeX 2.7, Notepad++ text editor, yap as a dvi previewer and GSView/Foxit as ps/pdf viewers (on Windows XP). Time to upgrade I think.

I sometimes use tetex, vi text editor, xdvi viewer and evince (ps/pdf viewer) on Ubuntu linux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I am just thinking of getting into writing stuff up in LaTeX, and am wondering what is a good setup on mac.

At the moment the options I have come accross are LyX, textmate and exclipse with a latex plugin. Any opinions or advice is appreciated!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Aquamacs & MacTex

TeXShop is very good, but I use Aquamacs for a load of other stuff so I kept with it. It has AUCTeX installed already so you get the Tex, Bibtex and View PDF buttons in the toolbar.

I also use GNUMake & latexmk to auto-run the build process of some documents.

Advertisement